Wondershare Mockitt - Free Design Tool
"Graphic Design Is Thinking Made Visual." — Saul Bass
- What Exactly is Graphic Design?
- Tools You Must Know as A Graphic Designer.
- Breathtaking Examples to Discover graphic design ideas & inspiration.
- Top List of Graphic Design Apps to Enhance your Creativity.
- Graphic Design Tips & Tricks That Actually Work.
Things That Every Graphic Designer Must Include in Their Resume
Many graphic designers concern that even they have the experience, they didn't get hired by companies. Even they have an impactful portfolio, and they even don't get a chance to showcase their talent. Well, almost every graphic designer faces this kind of situation. To cover this situation, you need to check your resume. To see where you are making a mistake in your graphic designer resume. A graphic designer's resume is a first and last impression for your interviewer. It directly impacts your interview.
So in this article, we decided to create content for those who are facing problems to build their resumes. We'll cover every aspect for graphic designers who need to include in their resume. So, stay with us right at the end of this article.
What should be on a Graphic Designer's Resume?
Well, it's not a big ask to create a professional resume if you follow the principles of designing a resume. A graphic designer resume can be tricky some times for new designers. It confuses the new designers what exactly they need to include in their resume. If you're a new designer and want to create a professional resume for yourself, it'll stand you out from hundreds during the interview. Follow the steps mentioned below to get success in the interview:
Everything you start with, you need to stick with its basics—basic information usually ignored by many designers while making a graphic designer resume. Here are some things and information that you need to take care of while creating a graphic designer resume:
- Complete the basic information: Include your personal information, such as contact information, work experience, portfolio, education, and skills. If you want to stand your graphic resume more, you need to include more information such as Certifications and Awards, Languages, Interests and Hobbies, Projects. After complete, all the information, remember to double-check it.
- Choose a proper format: Before you start working on a graphic designer resume, you need to choose proper formatting for your resume. Suppose, if a graphic designer has not correctly formatted his/her resume, then why would the hiring manager hire you? The hiring manager will go through every aspect of your resume. One single mistake in a resume will cost you to lose the job. We'll recommend you to use “Reverse Chronological Order.” This means your latest work experience is listed first on a graphic designer's resume.
Image Source: novoresume.com
- Use resume templates: There are many sources where you can find different premium resume templates, or you can create premium templates for your own, which we'll discuss further in the article.
- Objective section: You've done almost everything right, except for the resume summary or objective section. The objective section is a more meaningful and necessary thing on your resume. Most designers copy it from someone's other resumes, where they made a huge mistake. The objective section must be original and customized by the designers themselves.
The fact is, recruiters spend almost six to ten seconds reviewing each graphic designer's resume or any other. You can't expect them to examine your resume thoroughly. They don't have time to view only one resume. They go through hundreds of resumes daily. So, make your resume concise, accurate, and to the point. No extra thing that isn't related to your skills should be on your resume.
- Problem Solving Ability: Every organization or company needs a problem-solving and hardworking person. Problem-solving ability as a skill on a graphic designer's resume can be a big plus. Because it's the designers and the programmer have to solve the problem in their daily life.
- Marketing: In order to sell a design project, you need to have some knowledge of marketing and its background. Even though it's not the graphic designer's primary skill, it can significantly impact a graphic designer's resume. You must know the concepts of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), advertising, and how you would target your audience. You are not an expert in this field, but you should talk logically about these concepts and understand them quite nicely to include in your resume.
- Printing Knowledge: Many organizations require persons or teams who are flexible and can complete several tasks daily. One of them is printing designs. It's more important to know how to create something that can be printable from posters or billboards. And also, make sure to include some printed projects on your resume.
- HTML Knowledge (Basic): You just need to add those skills on which you have command or expertise in it. Otherwise, don't be foolish to add those skills which you wouldn't know about anything. Like marketing skills, basic knowledge of HTML can be a big plus for graphic designers. Lots of companies hire graphic designers for just prototyping. Therefore, you just need to have some basic knowledge of HTML for prototyping.
- Social Media and Networking: Most firms hire graphic designers who are highly active and having high followers on social media. The use of social media can be constructive from a marketing perspective.
We hope that you already know how to create a professional graphic designer resume. We've some samples for the graphic designer resume to make things clearer to you.
Image Source: canva.com
The above image sample is the perfect example of a graphic designer's resume. Everything we've discussed above presents in this template. Everything is perfectly placed on this resume sample.
Image Source: novoresume.com
Here we have got another perfect example for a graphic designer resume. This one is more polished and attractive than the previous one. If you look closely at the sample design, you'll see that this resume uses a reverse chronological order, which is considered a good practice.
A Useful Tool to Create a Simple Graphic Design
There are many tools available on the internet that can help you generate resumes for anyone. But the problem is that some of the tools are not for free, and some are not effective in design; if you open them in the document file, the alignments of resumes seem misplaced or unable to edit them.
We highly recommend Wondershare Mockitt to create a resume on it. You can design professional graphic designers' resumes on Wondershare Mockitt with the help of unique features.
Wondershare Mockitt is a graphic designing tool, more likely a prototyping tool that helps designers create unique designs easily. With Wondershare Mockitt, you can also design your professional resume.
Features of Wondershare Mockitt
Wondershare Mockitt has many features, but here we'll discuss only to resume perspective:
- Assets: Wondershare Mockitt provides lots of elements and widgets that can be very beneficial for creating a simple resume. These widgets and features are presents in the “Asset Library.”
- Design: Wondershare Mockitt also allows you to design your resume freely. All you need is to drag any widget or element and drop it to the canvas. That how simple Wondershare Mockitt is.