The Best Product Management Certifications to Check Out
In just about every field, continued education plays a critical role in long-term career growth. Consumer leadership is undoubtedly no exception. In an ever-evolving product climate, product managers and leaders need to find ways to keep learning and growing. The good news is that to uncover an enriching learning experience. You don't need to look too far. There is an array of books, podcasts, as well as activities that discuss diverse aspects of product management at your hands. The ability to develop and gain meaningful knowledge is given by studying at work or by professional mentorship. Books, blogs, seminars, and in-house mentorships are all excellent opportunities to develop your experience and skills in product management. There is one learning opportunity that means mastering a subject (and enhancing your LinkedIn profile): product management certification.
What's the benefits of product management certification?
Certification in product management is a document issued by PM authorities which proves the knowledge of the subject by the person. Because of its many advantages, you should consider product management qualification, whether you are a working professional or an ambitious product manager. The benefits include:
- Becoming more effective at achieving tasks. Training exercises can take you past the underlying context and into unique strategies employed by top athletes that are progressing their careers.
- Having a deeper knowledge of the job. By learning from professionals, credential programs will help you to expand your knowledge.
- Competing with other professionals. Many companies are searching for qualifications, viewing them as a token of loyalty to art.
- Improving skills in industry and marketing. Product managers who come to their job from the tech sector can sense a shortage in these fields.
- Growing expertise within one's own sector. Team members from other agencies can see a bit more legitimacy from accredited specialists.
The best 5 product management certification worth your time
We have now identified top picks based on the course material, ratings, qualification groups/communities, and market awareness. The five programs we enjoyed most are here.
Product School's Product Management Certification Programs
The Product School provides three different certificates in product management intended to take place consecutively. For students without previous experience, the Product Management Degree and those with a little more PM experience are required for the Product Leader Credential. The Product Executive Degree is targeted at senior professionals with expertise in the leadership role of a product. The key points are:
- The company is a complete ecosystem of quality management.
- They have up-to-date knowledge and realistic experience working in product management.
- Its student advisors are ready to answer any questions about the requirements for certification, course material, and process of enrollment.
- There are three certifications, so whether you're just starting your career or have years of experience, wherever you are in your PM career, there's a certification that meets your needs.
- In many places around the world, the qualification coursework is usable on-site, or you can take the classes and complete the certification entirely online.
Pragmatic Institute's Product Management Certification
The Pragmatic Institute's Product Management Course Track in product management roles. The credential includes issues such as identifying positions and obligations, relying on the best input from the right channels, and consumers choosing to create goods. It also guarantees that when you return to the workplace, PMs will acquire "usable abilities, tools, and templates you can use. The key points are:
- The Pragmatic Institute in the professional world is well respected and established. Job ads often highlight their certifications.
- Its quality management qualification is often achieved by seasoned and mid-career product practitioners, according to PayScale.
- The Proactive Institute has a variety of other tools that appeal to advertisers, product marketers, and product managers/professionals, including a blog, educational articles, a newsletter, ebooks, a podcast, and webinars.
- The certification follows a six-step learning journey: Foundation, Focus, Build, Launch, Price, Data Science Business.
AIPMM Certified Product Manager Credential through 280 Group
The Certified Product Manager course of AIPMM highlights core abilities critical to being a highly efficient product manager. It covers 18 learning modules, quizzes, interactive exercises, study materials, and a comprehensive examination of practice to help master the material and prepare for the exam of the Certified Product Manager. The key points are:
- There are certification tracks in product marketing, innovation, and agile, in addition to the Certified Product Manager track.
- For AIPMM certification completion, 280 Group is a great option.
- 280 Group also provides upfront funding options and communicates total course and test pricing for several training options.
- In order for potential registrants to review before making any commitment, along with a few course video samples, the 18 lesson modules required to complete the Certified Product Manager course are outlined.
- 280 Group, along with a strong (and growing) LinkedIn community, has a resource section with helpful toolkits, templates, event listings, ebooks, and more.
Product Development and Management Association's (PDMA) New Product Development Certification
The New Product Development (NPD) Professional Certification is an internationally recognized body of knowledge. Moreover, NPDP Certification is differentiated by its non-profit status. The key points are:
- PDMA is an established non-profit organization that focuses on innovation and product development with a large membership community, global conferences, a webcast, a research forum, and "camps."
- This certification can be a fundamental differentiator in the recruitment process or when up for a promotion because knowledge of effective product development is a critical skill for PMs in the product world today.
- In order to maintain certification, PDMA also requires users to renew and refresh their knowledge every three years, ensuring that they stay up to date with the latest changes and trends in the industry.
- With this certification, First Data Corp, Kalypso, FedEx, and AT&T lead in recruiting the most professionals.
- Online, at workshops, conferences, and other educational partners, you can complete training for this certification, allowing for flexible personal preferences.
Scrum Foundations Training by Scrum.org
This course only lasts two days; for product managers seeking to delve into Scrum principles, this is a truly comprehensive program. The Professional Scrum Foundations Training was designed for the Scrum Master Certification Exam to train professionals. You can study simple Scrum fundamentals and their functional use after having selected this course. For team-based activities that require students to work in a sequence of Sprints to produce a real product, you can get a theoretical hand.
Product prototype tool you need to know
Wondershare Mockitt is an online platform for prototyping and sharing that lets you build immersive software wireframes and prototypes. By validating and executing the principle using this method, you will give life to your design concepts. Its features include:
- Prototyping: Without any code, you can transform immersive projects into animated prototypes. You will use Dynamic Linking and Components to incorporate drag-and-drop connections and simulate the finished product with interactive gestures and transitions to display the relationship between pages.
- Collaboration: With Wondershare Mockitt, you don't have to pass files to colleagues manually or send links to others in real-time to access, update, and comment on the projects. By distributing it to teammates and allowing you the ability to uninstall items and transfer items to personal apps, it helps you to handle several tasks. Finally, it aims to improve productivity with an open workflow in which partners can see the project status and feedback and synchronize progress and documentation in real-time.
- Handover to Developer: To help get the team to the same page, Mockitt offers Handoff features that are a kind of marking tool. Commonly referred to as Handover to Developer, it helps planners, executives, and engineers to easily look up a particular feature and function effectively.