2. Use HTML to define the content of the carousel. In this example we use img to add images. However, you can also choose to use div to define the carousel content.
3. Define the styling for the carousel content –
There could be other possible ways to import the jQuery image slider plugin and this varies from one plugin to another.
4. Add buttons to the carousel by adding the requisite navigation controls in HTML
6. The good thing about this is that this technique is not limited to images, but you can use it for all types of list with different width and heights.
The Best Tool to Create Image Slider and Generate Code
The tool provides several carousel libraries full of icons, components, screens and templates. The design community also actively contributes to this set of libraries. These libraries enable you to create a complete prototype in less than 10 minutes. Mockitt is a lightweight online tool with an intuitive interface. The simple drag and drop workflow flattens the learning curve. This makes the tool a popular choice among beginners as well as expert designers.
- Visit the official website of Mockitt and sign up or sign in as appropriate.
- Create a new Project and choose a layout (say Webpages). A new canvas is launched for you.
- Head to Component → Basic Components and look at the built-in widgets. You will find a carousel widget.
- Drag out the carousel component from the built-in component (shortcut key 1). A picture placeholder automatically appears on the right setting panel. You can choose to upload from “local upload” or “material library” by hovering on it.
- You can adjust the order of the carousel pictures by dragging and dropping pictures directly on the thumbnail.
- You can set the carousel scroll to horizontal or vertical based on your preference and design requirement. The indicator point will automatically be assigned to the appropriate position.
- The Carousel widget also provides an option to set the carousel rotation. You can choose to set the interval between the rotations to auto rotate. You can also choose to click the carousel and mandate a click on the carousel to jump to other pages.
- The indicator point is also fully customizable. You can choose whether to display the indicator point or get rid of it. You can also color it as per your design.
- Once your carousel design is complete, it is likely that you will need to handoff the design and associated specifications to your development team. You can use the handoff tab to grab all the specifications. The right panel will display the CSS specifications. Click on ‘Copy' and share the styling with your developers.