Top 10 Adobe XD Alternative for Linux
How do you create magnificent designs in Linux? Adobe XD is one of the most popular and powerful platforms for creating exceptional designs. However, Adobe XD does not support Linux OS. So what is the solution? It is pretty simple. Just get an Adobe XD alternative for Linux and get started. In this article, we shall give you a thorough guide on the top 10 Adobe XD alternatives for Linux.
10 of the Best Adobe XD Alternative for Linux
Adobe XD is a powerful design, prototype, and collaboration platform. Although this platform is used by droves of designers worldwide, it never goes without fault. Adobe XD does not support the Linux operating system, and therefore Linux users will not have a taste of Adobe XD. Fortunately, there are several excellent Adobe XD alternatives for Linux, as listed below.
1. Wondershare Mockitt
Wondershare Mockitt is no doubt the cherry on the top Adobe XD alternative for Linux. The amazing platform offers a top-notch way to create prototypes and collaborate like never before. The assortment of excellent features justifies why there are scores of people leveraging this platform to turn their ideas into meaningful products.
The amazing interface allows product managers, developers, and designers to collaborate effectively. They can manage their teams well irrespective of their sizes because this platform brings everyone in the enterprise together. And if you are a professional by yourself, you can also have a personal space.
The cloud feature simplifies how designers can collaborate across several different devices as they can do real-time co-editing and ensure everyone is synced. This ensures there is no space or time limitation because users don't really have to download design files every time. What about the wealth of assets and templates available? These features greatly lessen and fasten your design process.
- Users can animate and prototype websites or applications much faster.
- Cloud feature ensures that all your projects are sync, and you can access them anytime anywhere.
- It has plenty of templates that ease the design process. Users can create their asset libraries and reuse them anytime.
- Numerous built-in widgets help you create stunning interfaces in a short time.
- It allows managers to manage all sizes of teams much efficiently.
- The program allows for seamless communication. Thanks to the inspection and discussion feature like handoff mode, inspect and view codes, and project comments.
- With the help of Action, Target, and Transition effects, users can transform the static screen into an interactive interface.
- The free version has limited functionality.
All browsers and Web, MacOS, Windows, Ubuntu.
2. Figma for Linux
Figma is another good Adobe XD Linux alternative. This program allows users to design, prototype, and collaborate. It helps various team sizes to design, test, and integrate better designs throughout the entire process. It is equipped with several design features and other unique inventions such as the Arc tool and Vector Networks that keep your ideas trickling smoothly. Since it is a good cloud software, you don't need to install, save, or export. The platform provides an easy way to make your ideas practical via prototype animations. You will get more concepts and test your prototype more often and faster than you expected.
- Users can design and prototype in tandem.
- Users can share designs anywhere across the world and even jump into the same page to co-edit the project live.
- It is fast.
- It is easy to share designs with team members.
- Users can build a design once and use it several times.
- There are many templates to ease your design process.
- The free version has limited functionality, while the Premium version is expensive.
Web, MacOS, Windows
3. Gravit Designer Pro
Gravit Designer is an excellent versatile tool that allows users to design web and app UI, shapes, and perform image and photo editing. It is a powerful adobe xd alternative Linux tool. It provides plenty of tools to create solutions on whichever system or platform. Unlock your creative potentials with the vector illustration feature, which hosts precision tools to create all kinds of shapes, points, and lines. Being a great UI design platform, you can create mockups and wireframes with the help of shared styles, symbols, anchors, and even pages. Adjust color, lighting, apply filters, and blending to edit your image properly.
- It is a versatile tool.
- It is cross-platform, and hence there is no need to panic about device compatibility.
- It has a user-friendly interface that ensures a non-steep learning curve.
- Offers plenty of flexible and non-destructive object styles.
- It supports 14 different languages, and users have control over typography.
- Supports import and export options, including PDF documents at 300 DPI.
- Easily share designs across all platforms.
- Limited design and collaboration functionality compared to top-notch applications.
There is also Akira that is a native Linux application that is a powerful Adobe XD alternative tool for Linux. This application is primarily designed for UI and UX. Although still under development, Akira targets to provide a modern and speedy design of unique web graphics. These unique aspects of web design include wireframing, prototyping, and editing, among others. This will combine the functionality of both illustrator and Photoshop. This program will surely attract lots of web developers because its prime target is on the web. So if you want to use Linux as your main OS, then this tool is specially designed for you.
- It features a simple and elegant user interface. The menus aren't confusing and is easy to navigate even for prototyping or wireframing.
- It is fast.
- It offers a modern approach to the design of UI and UX.
- It is a free open source program.
- Its features are limited and cannot match some of the top Adobe XD alternatives.
- It is still under development.
- Only limited to Linux.
Inkscape is another good vector-based graphic design tool. Although it is no close to some top-notch tools like Adobe XD, its cross-platform characteristic explains why several users out there are still stuck with it. It is also a good adobe xd Linux alternative for beginners. Inkscape will allow users to import file formats like Illustrator, DRAW, Sketch, and Microsoft Visio. If you are a designer, illustrator, web designer, or simply anyone interested in vector imagery, Inkscape will do it for you. You will create objects using various tools like drawing, shape tools, text tools, clones, and embedded bitmaps.
Moreover, it supports the manipulation of objects created with the help of transformation options, Z-order operations, grouping, layers, and alignment and distribution commands. Other essential features include fill and stroke, operations on paths, text support, and rendering. Because it is free and cross-platform, this tool is often suitable for use by students or people who use old computers for vector graphics.
- It is free and cross-platform.
- Offers several flexible drawing tools.
- Supports Bezier and Spiro curves.
- It is compatible with a wide range of file formats.
- It is not very powerful.
- Suitable for beginners or less professional designs.
- Lack of collaborative features.
- It has limited features.
Vectr is a popular vector image design platform. This free vector graphic software allows users to create graphics with ease. It is both available as an online and a desktop tool and is a powerful cross-platform tool. This program will no doubt transform your vector graphic design ideas into reality. This program offers real-time collaboration as users can send a vectr document for scrutiny without being put to wait. Team members can have a chance to see you create and edit your design live irrespective of whether you are using the online app or the desktop platform. There will be an associated URL for every design. Because this software leverage vector graphics, you can easily create clear logos, presentations, and several other 2D objects.
- It allows users to automatically save and sync their work in real-time across all platforms.
- It is a cross-platform tool, a great adobe xd alternative for Ubuntu
- It is free.
- It creates clear objects, and users can scale to the desired size without affecting the clarity.
- It supports real-time collaboration.
- It is easy to use. Thanks to the simple and intuitive interface.
- Fewer features compared to powerful similar-purpose software.
Skuid is a powerful UI/UX development platform that makes it seamless and cheaper to build business apps. It is a robust platform to create, design, and roll out excellent custom applications without having to write any code. These custom-made designs are of great benefit to various businesses and industries, ranging from marketing, healthcare, technology, and education, among others. It can unify all data, applications, and any process for an organization to help optimize management and improve productivity. Skuid goes beyond the static reports and allows users to create interactive charts.
- It offers an avenue to unify the data and applications of an organization into a single shared platform.
- Follows the traditional app development practices which allow for human-centered designs.
- Users can build complex applications without even writing any code.
- It makes the app design less costly because of fewer customization costs.
- It supports the reusability of applications, pages, and other content.
- Not well equipped like other top-notch tools.
Windows, Linux, MacOS, web-based
HotGloo is another powerful Adobe XD alternative for Linux. This tool supports UX, wireframe, and prototyping for websites, mobile platforms, and wearable devices. Users can create, test, and share their prototypes interactively with the team and clients. This way, they can collaborate and get live feedbacks regarding their prototypes.
- Users can share their prototypes interactively with team members or clients and obtain live feedback. This is nothing but real-time collaboration.
- The program is easy to use. The available tutorials and documentation alongside a reliable support team make it a plain sailing program.
- You can perform various functionalities such as edit, test, and review using any mobile device anywhere, anytime.
- It harbors over 2000 elements, widgets, and icons, which make the library so rich and easy to create stunning designs.
- It runs on all operating systems and browsers, and so users don't need to panic regarding compatibility.
- Creates interactive wireframes, which makes it one of the best tools for web workers.
- The premium version is pricey.
supports all browsers and operating systems.
FluidUI is an Adobe XD alternative for Ubuntu, this free online platform that allows users to build user interfaces of their applications with ease. The program features a library that hosts several Apple and Google material assets. Users can then edit them directly in their browsers with the help of editing tools provided. Although this tool is free, it does allow users to share their prototypes and receive comments and reviews. Unlike other powerful software that allows real-time collaboration, this platform will enable users to share prototypes via link and email. Also, it supports the linking of several pages and buttons for ease of interactions between these pages.
- It is simple in design and easy to use.
- It is free.
- It supports linking and interaction between several different pages.
- It has a scarce in-built library of assets.
- Some functions don't work as they should.
- It is a simple platform and doesn't have many features for professional designs.
web, MacOS, Windows, Linux
UXPin is another great adobe xd alternative ubuntu. The web-based platform is suitable for designing documents such as sitemaps, wireframes, and flowcharts, just to mention but a few. It gives you a collaborative platform to post created graphics and invite team members to review and comment. It also comes with its wireframe editor, which enables real-time collaborations as well as uploading wireframes to HTML. Generally, this platform allows users to design, prototype, and collaborate.
- Has built-in libraries that make working much faster.
- It supports real-time collaboration.
- It has a user-friendly interface which makes it easy to navigate.
- It gives several tools necessary for design prototyping.
- Has a net dashboard to keep things organized.
- Your designs are fully encrypted and backed-up, and so you don't have to worry about security.
- It is overwhelmed by complex prototypes.
web, MacOS, Windows, Linux