Look, We Know and Study Adobe XD.
- Get to Think Afresh about Adobe XD.
- Ways to design and Prototype in Adobe XD.
- Adobe XD vs. ? - What Makes Adobe XD Different?
- Essential Tips for Adobe XD.
Wondershare Mockitt is the best altenative to Adobe XD:
How to Create Mockup with Adobe XD
Creating mockup is a process that helps a designer have a clue on how the final product will look like. Adobe XD mockup helps get suggestions on what the final design will look like. It helps the designer share with the intended users and others who are involved in the process between a wireframe and prototype. Wireframes are developed and shared to showcase the structure and functional requirements of the design. A mockup is a wireframe that has an extra surface layer that shows the visual design including typography, colors and images. Adobe XD mockup is static and does not have interactions.
How to Create Mockup with Adobe XD
Adobe XD is an efficient tool developed to assist UI/UX designers create high fidelity mockups, wireframes, interactive prototypes and artboards. To use it, you do not need to subscribe. All you need do is to sign up, download and install it. Here are steps create mockup with adobe.
Step 1: Go to adobe XD homepage
- When you are in the homepage, click in Get XD for free button. A new page opens up and download starts automatically. When the download is done, launch the installer file that will request for your credentials. Then, it asks you for the project you want to create.
Step 2: Select the kind of project to launch
- Once you sign in, you find a blank square in the mid of screen, showing you a new artboard. You can add several artboards by clicking the layer button on the left.
- Choose the initial artboard, select duplicate option and a new dashboard appears. You can duplicate and zoom your artboard.
Step 3: Start creating the mockup
- Set a color for the background
- Add first element i.e. the secondary navigation bar at the top of your screen. You can use the rectangle tool. Add background color to the navigation bar and text using the text tool found in the adobe XD menu.
- Add call to action using the rectangle tool.
- Add the element themes logo to your mockup by dragging the image file into the artboard.
- Add the main heading and a search bar by use of the text and rectangular tools.
- Add blog post excerpts to your adobe XD iphone mockup. Start by adding two rectangles to the artboard. Create one and then duplicate it to make your work easier. With these empty rectangles, add titles by use of the text tool.
- Add each of the blog post featured images. Like you did before, drag the image files into iphone
X mockup XD.
Step 4: Preview the mockup
- Have a look at your complete mockup. You can add all the elements you want to make it look better. Each of the above mockup adobe XD actions are easy, so you do not have to be scared.
Mockup adobe XD is a perfect way to have all your ideas on the screen. It allows you refine your ideas until you create an excellent design for your site or app. It is much easier to develop several mockups then try to replicate them on your app or site later, so it is a technique any designer should embrace.
How to Create Mockup with Adobe XD Alternative
The best iphone mockup XD alternative is Wondershare Mockitt. This is a tool that can help you create mockup with its many features. It has abundant of icons and widgets you can use directly to create your mockup. There are also a wide range of templates that make the tool easy even for beginners.
Wondershare Mockitt allows for efficient presentation and preview of the mockup. The tool is clean and does not have a lot of clutter thus you can enjoy smooth creation of the mockup. It also makes it easy for you to share the mockup with others to get feedback. If you are working on the mockup as a team, you can also do the designing simultaneously. Wondershare Mockitt also allows you to test the prototype by generating a QR code that can be scanned with your device camera. This makes it easy to showcase your work and receive feedback from others. How to create mockup step-by-step:
Step 1: Create a new project
- Create a blank mockup project, choose device and name the project.
- Change the size of mockup design. Hover the mouse and tap setting to change the size, color and then save.
Step 2: Design the mockup
- Add widgets and icons-add the fast widgets, build in widget, my widgets and icons. Add them by dragging them on the canvas, double clicking or by pressing hotkeys and draw.
- Edit the widget- in case you need to make changes to the widgets, Wondershare Mockitt allows you to do so in the inspector panel. Save the widgets for future mockup designing.
- Add links-add links between screens by selecting one widget. Click new link on the panel, set gesture, action, animation and target screen for your widget.
- Add notes-to give further details regarding your mockup up add notes on the sticky feature found in the build in widget library.
Step 3: Preview your mockup
- You can preview your mockup XD on your PC, offline or on mobile. On your PC, do the preview by clicking preview on the top toolbar where you will interact with your mockup. To preview on your mobile device, click the share button to receive the QR code and sharing link of the mockup. Open the link on your mobile and do scanning of the QR code to preview the XD mockup.