Tips for You to Generate App Ideas
Generating app ideas can be very intimidating, especially when there are endless options and possibilities available. Building an app involves both an expression of what we want to do and what we presume is a requirement of society on a higher level.
So let's get straight right into the discussion.
But there is always an intrinsic factor of uncertainty involved – the fear of creating something that would fail to solve the masses' problems or not getting a return on investment and any tangible benefits out of the app creation.
The Cool app ideas generation is not given to a selected few as gifts; it is a process. Anyone who follows the structured approach can bring something out on the table that might solve more significant problems. Whether you are a seasoned application creator or someone who is a novice and considering a couple of smart app ideas, we have laid down few recommendations for you that will give you a good head start in creating your next or first application.
For this article's context, we will start by recommending you first looking out for your resources, and then you should explore your industry. After careful analysis of your industry, you must expand your research focus to all the unrelated sectors. Using this approach will help you in brainstorming and shortlisting great application ideas.
App Ideas Generation Process
By the end of this article, you will clearly understand how you can follow this app development ideas process. If you come across a great idea, you can earn a profit after you white label it with a suitable development company.
Get to know your organization and its structure
The very first step one should take towards developing an app is to understand all about the organization, its strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities. And this SWOT analysis should involve an analysis of all of the resources, land, labor, capital, and more. Identify the traits of your company that make it unique. In short, you should be able to have answers to the below questions.
- To which type of industry or business, my organization will be able to serve. Brick and mortars or virtual?
- Which part of the organization process interacts the most with the customer
- What are the capabilities of in house workforce? Do they believe in working as a team? How involving them in the app creating process would make a difference? their feedback on what should be included within the app and more
- What are the company's values, and how will the new app live up to its values and mission statement?
- What are the company's pain points and the steps that could be taken to address them?
Get to know your customers
Since you want to make an app to serve your customer, it is crucial to understand their behaviors or even talk to them about their problems. At times, you get the right solutions in discussing their issues. You should be able to find answers to the below questions.
- What systems will you use to build a relationship with your customers? Emails, surveys, in-person meetings, or something else?
- Customer's interaction with the products. How are they interacting, and to which part of the process they are coming in contact with the most?
- What are the likings and dislikings of your customer about your business?
- How are you providing them the related information?
- How often does your customer contact you, and for what reasons they do?
- How you have maintained your customer's separate database
For instance, in an instrument calibration and testing company, customers may face a delay in receiving certificates. The company can build an app through which each customer would retrieve controlled information without calling the services provider repeatedly.
Get to know your business plan
Your business plan provides you with the road map you use to set your short and long-term organizational goals. At this stage, you should consider the following.
- Short- and Long-term goals
- What were the accomplished goals? How did you achieve them?
- How, with the use of modern technology, you can achieve new goals?
- In which particular business areas should you require to generate more practical and good app ideas.
- Did you brainstorm and shortlist for app ideas 2020, and where are you standing at the moment with those previous year's plans?
Get to know your marketing
With the ever-growing changing marketing field, you might want to consider different ways to streamline your marketing processes. As marketing is the only function that can take your business to a whole new level of success. Consider below at this stage
- Which part pf your marketing processes can effectively be transformed into an app
- What are the benefits you can get after incorporating your marketing processes within an app?
Get to know your industry and competitors
The industry you are serving might continuously be evolving, so it is vital to stay updated with your particular industry's latest trends and changes. Nowadays, you can acquire all the information over the internet – with a lot of analytics tools, blog posts, and videos; you can see what has been working in the past and how you could implement some strategies for better outcomes.
Additionally, it is vital to learn from your competitors. The goal is not to copy what they are doing exactly but to build on your creativity by taking inspiration from their best practices. You should have the below-required information at this point.
- Strategies your competitors are using. Are those strategies bringing about excellent outcomes?
- Any failed strategies? Lesson learned?
- What were the needed resources to implement those strategies?
- Any loopholes you can identify in your competitor's strategies?
- Have they used any trending app ideas and based strategies on them?
Get to know other unrelated industry
It is not always the case that you can only learn from the same industry professional and your direct competitors. At times, you can get benefits after implementing proven strategies that have been used by other unrelated industries. It will help if you audit all the thriving industries' apps: fashion, eCommerce, gaming, education, accounting, writing agencies, and more.
Note: You can spark your creative thinking by searching on our search engine for "app ideas Reddit." There are various threads on Reddit from which you can get different app ideas.
How to Design an App Prototype
Use this step-by-step approach to get your creative juices to flow, and you will end up having a lot of different app ideas. and once you are over that brainstorming and shortlisting phase, make an App prototype with Wondershare Mockitt. It will allow you to create and test a user interface that will make your app project a success.
Mockitt is a design prototyping and collaboration tool that you can use to make prototypes for mobile or web apps. You can also have all of your stakeholders on Mockitt to get their feedback and approval.
With Mockitt you do not need to wait for longer installation sessions as you can use it right away on your web browsers after registration – all you need is one email address for registration. You can use Mockitt on any system, Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Mockitt has a clean and uncluttered interface that will make it user friendly for even Novices. It means even if you have never designed an app prototype before, you will not have to see long tutorials; you can play with all of its features yourself. And eventually, you will be able to make a stunning app prototype yourself.
Mockitt has installed different mobile screen sizes that you can use straight away – you can also create a custom screen size for your project. You will get to see different pre-installed screen sizes for all significant android and iPhone mobiles.
Despite any screen size you opt for, you will have access to the library of widgets and icons. By just dragging and dropping elements from the library, you can create different types of interfaces.
And the best part is that you can make your prototype an interactive one by creating internal links.
Mockitt, hands down, is one of the best designing tools we have these days. Make sure to create your app prototype once you finalize your app idea, as doing this will make your project free from risks for better outcomes.