Wondershare Mockitt - App Design Tool
Resources to Find Modern App Designs
- Things You Need to Know about App Design.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Mobile App Design.
- Top List of Must-Recommend App Creator.
- Tips to Create Awesome App Design.
Top 5 App Prototype Makers
With the help of prototype makers, designers can think and experiment on user experience features, test their ideas in reality, and also improvise them whenever needed. Fortunately, there are many app prototype makers available in the industry; however, you must know which android app prototype maker is suitable for your requirements and needs. Through prototyping, you can set a layout for the mobile app that you are planning to design.
Many app designing companies now use free app prototype makers to test their design, and different companies have different wireframing tool requirements. If you are looking for the top app prototype makers, you have come to the right place. This article will introduce the five best prototype makers.
5 of the Best App Prototype Maker
1. Wondershare Mockitt
If you are someone who wants to design an app from scratch, you can consider using Wondershare Mockitt. This easy to use tool will allow you to design, use templates, share your design, and collaborate with ease. This android app prototype maker comes along with many nice features, which makes the designing process fast and easy. And whenever you wish to collaborate with your team for quick feedback, that can also be done.
This tool is considered to be the best in the field of app prototyping makers because it lets you do a real-time meeting with your team members or clients, get immediate feedback on the project you are working on, handle your project with ease, and more. Wondershare Mockitt is free, which means you only need to have an idea for the app design, and you are all set to get started.
- You can create prototypes and wireframes for free.
- You can design your prototype with ease and hassle-free.
- The drag and drop feature makes the prototyping experience smooth.
- You can save your project on the cloud for easy collaboration with your team members and clients.
- This tool might not be ideal for those who are looking for high fidelity designing.
InVision is a highly intuitive and one of the most used prototyping tools for designers that lets you design, test your business models, and create for any device. You can even use this to sketch, add images, and design from different sources, such as Photoshop.
Designers will enjoy the easy drag and drop feature while working on android prototype maker. You can even integrate with Dropbox, Google Drive, and sync your files effortlessly. And besides being one of the best android prototype makers, it can also let you collaborate with your team to get feedback. The app so far has more than 1.5 million users.
- Seamless designing and prototyping.
- Easy design integration
- Nice collaboration features
- The software can become slow at times.
- Customer support service is limited.
Balsamiq had its inception in 2008, and many designers prefer this tool because it is both available in web applications and desktop versions. So, if you are looking forward to putting together the ideas of your wireframe, Balsamiq is the right tool to go for. The good thing about this tool is that it lets you create your wireframes effectively and quickly. All you need to do is add all the elements that you need, customize them, position them, resize them, and more, and your wireframing will be ready in some time.
Even with Balsamiq, collaborating with your team members and clients is possible. There is no scope for animations or interaction, and the purpose of using Balsamiq is only to demonstrate the flow of the app. This app prototype maker comes with a free trial, and then you will have to pay per month. The more features you will need, the more the price will be.
- Balsamiq has lots of features, which make prototyping easier.
- Easy to pick and get started with.
- Lots of readymade components.
- A good tool to discuss the initial layout.
- Mocks can appear very rough.
- User interface elements are low.
If you need a fast, powerful, and user-friendly prototype software that will quickly create an app prototype for web applications, mobile apps, and more, you can think of getting MockPlus. The company is proud of its visualized integration design. The prototype that you will make using MockPlus will give you precisely the same results.
You will find lots of pre-designed components, such as Image Carousel, Scroll Box, Scroll Box, Scroll Box, Pop-up Panel, and more for quick mock-up creation. The tool has a free version, but the paid version has better features, and you will have to pay $129.00 if you go for the paid subscription.
- A useful prototype tool for UI/UX designers.
- MockPlus lets you save your project on the cloud.
- Free version available.
- Drag and drop feature for easy creation of mock-ups.
- First use could be a bit overwhelming for beginners.
- The free trial period offers limited features.
For those who are looking for a web-based wireframing program, you can think of WireframePro. This mobile app prototype maker is suitable for those who want to develop and work on their own app. The tool comes along with drag and drops feature for easy wireframing. You will find most of the standard UI elements, and the verities of components available with WireframePro are impressive.
The built-in collaboration tool allows you to collaborate and interact with your team whenever you want. Because there are many features available with WireframePro, designers find it quite easy to use and work on. The tool doesn't come with any free plan, and you will have to purchase a license first to begin using it. The cost will be $19 /mo.
- Lets you do wireframe easily and quickly.
- You can collaborate with your team member to get immediate feedback.
- No free trial plans.
Comparison among the Best App Prototype Maker
|Wondershare Mockitt||Mac,Windows,Android||Free||Low to high||Yes|
|InVision||Windows and Mac||Free / $15 per month||Low to high||Yes|
|Balsamiq||Web, macOS, Windows and Linux||$12 per month||Low||Yes|
|MockPlus||Windows, Mac OS and Android, iOS devices||Free/ $129.00||Low to high||Not really|
|WireframePro||Mac and Windows||$19 /mo||High||Not really|