How to Make a Weather App Design?
Nowadays you can decide whether to wear your suede shoes or take an umbrella with the help of any weather app. A glance at the forecast of weather can help to plan your weekend trip. With plenty of weather apps already available in the market, it's essential to create a unique and best weather app design that will have an attractive user interface that is quite easy to handle. Time to time updates with graphical icons to give an exact idea of the temperature and humidity keeps users hooked.
The Best Tool to Design a Weather App
There is many prototyping software available as an online platform to create and design apps in the possible best-looking User Interfaces, like - Wondershare Mockitt, Axure RP, Invison, Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, Zeplin and many other. However, Wondershare Mockitt is the most convenient tool for designing a material design weather app or creating its UI.
Why is it best?
- It is a free application for an individual user, convenient and easy to access tool where one can make weather designs without any expertise. Simple 'drag-and-drop' method works here.
- It has quite a high number of widgets and icons already built-in and demos, for example, suitable for making weather apps. Besides, one can create and edit custom widgets to give their application an even more unique interface.
- The static screen interactions allow you to add gestures, actions, and animations with links.
- The tool comes up with cloud storage that helps you create and save your work instantly without any worries of data loss.
- The legit Enterprise system allows you to work with developers, graphic designers, and others to manage a team to work more efficiently and execute an Idea.
Steps to Design a Weather App
Designing a weather app is just like designing any other app but with the special touch of weather and climates and its accuracy of given data. With sleek designs, soft colors and icons, and an accurate weather report of a specific region, every user wishes. To create something like this, you need easy yet efficient prototyping software like Wondershare Mockitt. Anyone can design weather app through this tool by following a few steps:
Step 1: - Create a project
- Sign up in Mocking for free for the individual user and start your work by clicking 'Create project.'
- Choose a blank project or select from the demo to start prototyping
- Select the correct size for the project by clicking '...'> Settings and choosing the right device, size, and project name for a weather app UI.
Step 2: - Add Widgets and Icons
- Choose 'Fast widgets' from the left panel of the canvas, and the right panel consists of 'Build-in widgets,''My widgets', and 'icons.'
- Choose the relevant weather icons sun, clouds, rain, thermometer, and widgets to show temperature, humidity, and time.
- The widgets can be edited, changed, and saved as per the requirement of the project.
Step 3: - Add links and Use dynamic widgets
- Add links between the screens and set gestures, action, screen state and animation to denote different weathers
- Dynamic widgets help to put interaction animations to create that impact in user.
Step 4: - Prototype Management
- Preview your weather app ui prototype or the sketch of the app for the required device
- Share with others to get a better understanding of it
Step 5: - Enterprise Collaboration
- Collaborate with a graphic designer to put that exact color and sleek design of your idea
- Handoff your designs to the developer to handle the rest of the work
- Create a team to manage your weather app to make it ready to launch
Useful Tips to Do Weather Mobile App Design
It might seem like the best-designed weather app is just like any other apps, but the reality is, it is as necessary as any other app but very difficult to monetize. Besides, there are plenty of weather apps to provide a purpose. There are few things to keep in mind when you are thinking of making the best-designed weather app:
- Understanding criteria: There are mainly three conditions one can put to a weather app such as - daily forecast and report, Weekly and monthly forecast season-wise, updates for storms, heavy rain, and heatwaves for the respective prone areas.
- Sketching an Idea: There's an idea behind every successful story. Start sketching an idea on how to design your weather app UI. Making a list of necessary and unnecessary features can be a good start.
- Graphics and Aesthetic: When an app comes with a pleasing interface, it tends to have more users. Use sleek designs, trendy colors, and proper icons to denote the exact mood and tone according to weather. It gives pleasure and a better understanding of the users while using the app. Yet one should try not to make it look complicated.
- Data Accuracy: Since it's all about designing a weather app, it's essential that the scales, temperature, humidity, and updates are being provided correctly and instantly. There are some API or Application Programming interfaces like OpenWeatherMap API, AccuWeather API, and others, which can give a better understanding of this.
- Push Notifications: Getting current weather updates and forecasts is as crucial as getting notified for messages. So there should be an option for push notifications.
- Lesser words, more numbers: It's better not to overwhelm your weather app UI too much full of words. Try to keep it minimalistic, emphasizing numbers as what matters the most is the scales' readings.