Top 11 SVG Editor for Mac
If you're a designer and work on a mac, you would definitely need an SVG editor for Mac. SVG editors help in editing vector images easily with just a few clicks. However, you should choose the best SVG editor Mac for added functionality and make your job easy. Fortunately, we have combined a list of reliable SVG editor applications for mac devices. So, if you're interested, let's move forward.
Top 11 SVG Editor on Mac (Including macOS Big Sur)
Do you want an SVG creator that can be used on Mac OS? If so, then you should consider Wondershare Mockitt. It comes with amazing features that help you create professional vector-based UI and UX designs. It supports the effects of Stroke, Blur, Shadow, etc, which makes it powerful enough for experienced and professional designers.
- Its user interface is designed in such a way that even beginners can use it to create professional projects.
- The real-time collaboration feature of this tool allows you to work with your teammates without any hassle. You could assign projects to your teammates and give them permission as per their roles.
- It features an assets library with beautiful templates and other resources, which makes prototyping faster and efficient.
- It is fast and responsive and it's a great tool for people who are getting started with SVG graphics.
- It allows you to change the color codes so that you can edit the files as per your needs and desire.
- With Mockitt, sharing projects become extremely easy. It comes with various tools for content creation, which enables you to draw things and manipulate objects with better precision.
- It gives you full control over customization, making it ideal for everyone.
- It combines four tools together, prototype, design, flowchart and mindmap.
- Boolean Operation is supported.
- It is very easy to use.
- It web-based tool and you can use it on your Mac browser and you can also download the Mac desktop version. It is the best tool for SVG editing on Mac.
Inkscape is an amazing free SVG editor on Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. It's a reliable tool for designers and illustrators who want to both create and manipulate objects. With Inkscape, you can draw objects with a free hand. There is a range of output formats it supports like PNG, sk1, PDF, EPS, etc.
Inkscape is meant for beginners as it has basic tools and lacks complex functionality. Also, it's open-source software, so you can also check how it actually works. Here are some of its features in brief:
- Drawing, Shape using Pen Tools.
- Anti-aliased display
- Boolean Operations.
- Bitmap Tracing
- Supports various output file Formats
- Supports object grouping
- Good output format support
- Multiplatform support and is available for free
- Easy manipulation of SVGs possible
- Some advanced features are missing, which makes it unsuitable for experienced designers.
3.Sketsa SVG Editor
The Sketsa SVG Editor is another macOS SVG editor which makes editing easy. You can easily draw vector objects and can scale or print them at whatever resolution you desire without losing the quality or clarity. Also, it offers easy object manipulation with its amazing set of tools.
It features a source editor, which allows syntax highlighting. And this feature can help you edit the SVG XML code for added control. Also, there is both a free and paid version of this software available for download. Here are some of its features:
- Supports easy SVG editing
- It comes with numerous XML based tools
- You can draw objects
- It comes with a source editor
- Available for free
- Meant for beginners
- Offers easy editing/manipulation of vector objects
- The features are somewhat limited
The Sketch is an amazing OSX SVG editor with the capability of replacing Adobe Photoshop. It has a pretty low learning curve which makes it easy for beginners to master. The intuitive interface makes it even more reliable and popular among designers. You can find numerous collaboration features, which makes the job pretty easy.
Also, you can populate the shapes and text with realistic data. With Sketch, you can group objects and even copy the icons created for added accessibility. The Sketch is a paid SVG editor macOS that is available at an affordable price of 99$ per year. Let's find some common features of Sketch:
- It supports illustrator assets
- Allows grouping
- Low learning curve
- Supports icon duplication
- Supports collaboration
- It's easy to master
- The UI Is intuitive
- Tons of features
- It supports one device with one license
Affinity designer is quite famous among UI designers and illustrators. It comes with a range of tools to help you get the job done with precision and accuracy. The panning is possible at 60fps, and you can zoom in to check every minute detail of the object, which helps increase accuracy and precision.
You'll get live gradients, adjustments, along with creative effects. Also, there's a blending tool that most SVG editors lack. With the affinity designer, you can work with over 1000 images without facing a drop in performance. Organizing layers into groups and using color tagging is also possible with this tool. This tool is meant for Mac, iPad, and for Windows operating systems and is available at $65.55. Here are some of its prominent features:
- Panning at 60fps
- Amazing Zoom
- Live Gradients
- Color Tagging
- Blend tool
- Supports Grouping
- You can work with thousands of images at a time
- Increases accuracy and precision
- It has amazing features for an experienced SVG editor
- You cannot import files as AI
Now, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is another effective and popular SVG editor too. You can not only create and edit vector illustrations but can edit photos too with this tool. The tool is incredibly fast. Once you get the hang of this tool, you can easily complete projects within no time.
CorelDRAW features AI-powered image solutions using which you can create precise vector images without losing any details. If you want to make the typography responsive, you can, using this tool. Also, creating a smooth text flow and formatting paragraphs is easy with this tool. The too is available for MAC and windows and is available at $843.94. Here are its features:
- Perspective drawing
- Supports multiple assets
- It's cross-platform
- AI-powered image solutions
- Multipage view
- Loads pretty fast
- You can create and edit vectors without losing details
- Feature loaded for professionals
7.Xara Designer Pro
The Xara Designer Pro is available for iPad, Mac, tablets, and Windows. It's an amazing SVG editor tool that comes with several integrated tools like text handling, page layout, drawing tools, and blending tools. Other tools may include feathering, contours transparency, and creative effects.
With this tool, you can conveniently tweak the transparency of your vectors along with gradient fills. Editing SVG files with this Xara Designer Pro is easy as you can easily drag and drop the files into this tool. You can easily resize, rotate and move the objects easily. It's a paid tool and is available at $299. Here are some of its prominent features:
- Solid Object Editing
- Drag and Drop
- Direct Action tools
- Zoom Feature
- Easy SVG editing and importing
- Zooming feature for added precision
- Easy integration with Dropbox and google drive
- Non-Intuitive UI
The MacSVG is an SVG editor which is available for Mac, Windows, Linux, and even for iOS & Android devices. MacSVG is licensed by MIT and is an open-source editor which is easy to use. You edit and also create a html5 vector for your graphic design, mobile apps, and even websites.
macSVG features an amazing tool using high-resolution graphics for almost all types of operating systems. You can easily draw SVGs using the web view page. Also, you can create several shapes like rectangles, polygons, circle lines using this tool. The best thing is that this tool is free of cost.
- An open-source tool with MIT licensing
- The UI is Web-kit based
- It's free
- Multiplatform Support
- Creating simple shapes is easy
- It helps in producing high-resolution images easily
- Easy to understand UI
- Limited features and is meant for beginners
Vector charts are popular among designers. And if you want to create vector charts, you can use Chartist.Js. Creating responsive charts becomes easy with this tool. You can not only create but use those responsive charts in UI designs. You can both create vector charts from scratch or by using templates that are freely available.
With this SVG editor Mac free, you can easily create:
- Admin UIs
- Data based app UIs
- Amazing Dashboards
Another upside of using this tool is that all the charts that you create are responsive. This tool is limited to Mac and Windows and is available for free. Here are its features:
- It is customizable and responsive
- It supports SVGs
- The UI is simple
- HTML5 based
- Super interactive
- It is easy to use and learn
- You can create responsive charts
- Lightweight & fast
- Features are limited
Vectornator is a reliable SVG editor which is specifically meant for Mac devices. This tool is free and comes with an illustrator tool using which you can draw vector designs and even create lettering. Vectornator can be used for easily importing and editing SVG files.
Although this software is free, its pen tool seems very powerful. You can easily draw complex paths using this pen tool. This tool features a node tool with this software, and also, there's support for Apple Pencil, which further makes using it quite easily. Here are the features in brief:
- Intuitive tool
- Gestures & Shortcuts
- Auto Trace
- Pen Tool
- Unlimited artboards
- Kerning and tracking
- Low learning curve
- Intuitive UI
- Completely free
- Meant for beginners
- The online community is limited
11.EazyDraw for Mac
EazyDraw is the last SVG Editor MacOS on our list. This software is meant for Mac devices and is free for up to 30 graphics. This exclusive tool can help you create high-quality app icons and illustrations. The website might seem obsolete, but the tool has everything you need to edit SVG files.
There are several vector editing tools to make your life easy as a designer. You can switch it to a dark mode or to light mode at your convenience. There's a free demo version using which you can export up to 30 graphics. However, you can buy this tool for $20 for nine months. Here are its features:
- You can import & export numerous file formats
- Supports P3 colors
- Light & Dark modes available
- Allows creation of graphics suitable for different platforms
- It comes with decent features
- Free for up to 30 exports
- More than 40 tutorials available
- The UI is awkward