How to Export Sketch to InVision【Mockitt】
InVision is a prototyping tool that allows other prototyping tools users to switch to InVision by providing them with the option of importing other tools design to themselves such as Sketch to InVision Studio. Many prototyping tools do not provide the feature of importing and exporting files/projects from their platform to another but InVision has the functionality to import or export designs from other prototyping tools like to import Sketch to InVision. This feature makes it easy for designers to work on different UX/UI designing tools without any problems.
How to Export Sketch to InVision
To export Sketch file to InVision, there is an option in InVision studio which lets you choose the sketch file and upload it to its launcher. To upload a sketch file to InVision there are several ways but it depends whether a designer is uploading in InVision application or in InVision web application.
To import sketch files to InVision, we follow the following procedure:
- You save your design in JPG, GIF, or PNGs or you can use your Sketch source files to export to InVision.
- There are several options to export to InVision such as drag and drop files to InVision app or simply sync them from Dropbox, etc.
To import to InVision studio application, we follow the following step:
- Navigate to the top-right when the InVision application is launched and click open there or there is an option to open recent files from the log.
When you export a sketch file to InVision, not all the Sketch features are exported to InVision like the things in Sketch inspector other than that like layouts, positions, etc which includes Blending, Opacity, Corner radius, Fills, Borders, Shadows, Inner shadows, Text, Attributes, Size, Weight, Font, Letter-spacing, Line-height, and color. This drawback of not exporting the complete file to InVision makes it convenient for the designers to work otherwise it enables designers to work both on Invision and Sketch even if they know one tool. They can collaborate with other sketch designers to make a perfect project.
How to Import Sketch to InVision
Importing files to Sketch is easy, users just need to drag and drop the file on Sketch workspace and they are good to go. There is another option to open project files in Sketch via the import option available on Sketch. Sketch supports the following formats of files:
- WebP Bitmap
- PSD files
Any other format cannot be imported to Sketch or cannot be exported as well. To import from InVision to Sketch, there is only one way, by saving the project of InVision in the formats compatible with Sketch, for instance JPG, PNG, PDF etc but InVision only provides two formats for saving it’s projects and files and they are:
- Zip file
Sketch only supports PDF file format so, if designers want to import InVision files to Sketch, they can use pdf format but that is not recommended as a lot of the details of project or layout is lost when converting it back in Sketch to edit. Also, there are some limitations of InVision when exporting it to any other prototyping tool such as Landscape orientation is not an option to export.
The Best Sketch and InVision Alternative in 2020
The Wondershare Mockitt tool is platform-independent. It works for both Windows as well as Macintosh. Wondershare Mockitt was created in America and is generally utilized in China. Wondershare Mockitt has all the development highlights like any other prototyping tool like Figma and InVision. There are several formats in MockinBot with fixed sizes of the icon and real-time collaboration. This tool gives the simplicity to all clients by making this tool platform-independent. Wondershare Mockitt is an extraordinary competitor for many top prototyping tools. When you use Wondershare Mockitt, there is no need to import a design from Sketch as Wondershare Mockitt provides users with predefined templates.
- Designers with essential information on prototyping tools can easily utilize this instrument with no perspiration as Wondershare Mockitt's interface is straightforward and clear which encourages designers to comprehend the basics of prototyping.
- Users usually switch to Wondershare Mockitt for the reason that it has a lot of built-in features which include an astounding template, amazing designs, and predefined codes.
- Wondershare Mockitt is a tool that is platform-independent which means it supports Windows, Macintosh, IOS, and Android.
- Wondershare Mockitt has several bundles for designers but they also provide free bundles to new users so that they can judge whether Wondershare Mockitt is a suitable tool or not. And if it is worth their money or not. Wondershare Mockitt is so sure that after using this free package designers will want to buy their paid bundles with more features, with unlimited resources, they provide this feature to attract new designer
- The component that makes Wondershare Mockitt enticing is that Wondershare Mockitt gives real-time collaboration. Numerous well-known prototyping still does not provide users with this feature.
- Wondershare Mockitt gives cloud storage to users to store their projects on the web so they can share and access them without any difficulty.
- Not just a group of users are needed to make projects at Wondershare Mockitt yet an individual planner can make stunning models by utilizing the simple interface of Wondershare Mockitt
- To enhance the users' experience and interface, Wondershare Mockitt provides a lot of features like built-in widgets and attractive predefined templates and makes the user's time valuable.