Wondershare Mockitt - iOS 14 UI Kit
iOS 14 Upgrading Tips for You
- Should I Upgrade to iOS 14? How?
- Fix the common iOS 14 problems and issues.
- How to Apply iOS 14 Widgets and Adapt to Your Design
Top 5 iOS 14 Features That Will Change your iPhone Experience
"What are some interesting iOS 14 beta features and how can I make the most of the new iOS 14 features on my iPhone X?"
As I stumbled upon this query, I realized that so many people are not aware of the iOS 14 new features even after its release. As of now, the public version of iOS 14 is available and anyone can upgrade their compatible iPhone to it. From the new widget options to better security alerts, there are tons of interesting iOS 14 features that you should not miss out on. In this post, I have handpicked the top 5 new iOS 14 features that you should know of.
Top 5 iOS 14 New Features that you Should Explore
You might already know that Apple has come up with a wide range of features in the new iOS 14 update. Out of all the new iOS 14 features, I have handpicked the following options that one should not miss.
Update 1: iOS 14 Widgets and Other Design Improvements
The overall look and feel of iOS 14 is drastically different from the older versions of the firmware. For instance, just like Android smartphones, you can add widgets to your home screen on iPhone. You can get widgets from different apps like weather, calendar, stocks, health, news, and so on.
To get widgets, you just have to go to the home screen of your iPhone, long-press the widget's window, and tap on the "+" icon. This will present the options to add all kinds of widgets from different apps and further customize their placement. For instance, you can add small, medium, and large widgets for most of the apps.
Besides that, you can also customize the home screen icons as per your choice. One of the prominent iOS 14 features is the addition of an App Library. This will organize the installed apps on your device in different sections like games, social, productivity, and more. With these iOS 14 beta features, you can look for any app pretty easily via the search option.
Update 2: Advanced Security Options
Apple has put a lot of effort to make sure its users have a secure and safe experience with their iOS devices. You can see a lot of new iOS 14 features about security updates on your device.
While using your phone, if you get an orange dot on the top, then it would mean an app is recording your activities (like calls or camera). This will let you pick whether an app is tracking your device's microphone or camera without your knowledge.
Also, you might already know how some apps can track our location in the background at times. With these new iOS 14 features, you can hide your precise location from these apps. Just go to your phone's Settings > Privacy > Location and turn off the Precise Location feature.
Besides that, Apple has also upgraded the App Store policies and you can check what an app can track even before installing it. Also, Safari has got several iOS 14 new features to improve our browsing experience. You will get a dedicated Privacy Report in Safari to know if there are any web trackers or malicious entities installed on your iPhone.
Update 3: A Revamped Messages App
The Message app in iOS 14 has also got several new and improved features that you would love to use. To start with, these iOS 14 features would segregate the messages sent by your contacts and unknown users.
You can also pin any contact on the top of the Messages app. These new iOS 14 features will let you pin the contacts you chat with frequently so you can open the conversation quickly. Besides that, you can now send inline replies even in the Messages app that would come handy in groups. One of the best iOS 14 new features for the Messages app is the inclusion of "Mentions" to specify any user in the group.
There are also options to customize your memoji or use several new emojis in the app now.
Update 4: The New Camera Features you can't miss
If you use your iPhone to click pictures, then you would love the new iOS 14 features for the Camera app. To start with, you can now set different captions for your photos while saving them on your device. Furthermore, you can also select particular albums that any app can access. Instead of accessing the entire gallery, you can protect some private albums on your iPhone.
Besides that, you can also go to the Camera settings to explore the iOS 14 new features for it. You can record videos at 1080p to up to 4K format now and can also customize the FPS for your capture. There is also an option for "Mirror Selfies" that you can enable to take stunning selfies using a mirror (without any reflection).
Update 5: Other Major iOS 14 Features to note
As I have mentioned before, there are so many new iOS 14 features in the update to make your iPhone experience different. Apart from the iOS 14 beta features I have listed, you can explore the following changes.
- The Music app has better icons, autoplay features, search options, haptic feedback, animated artwork, and even offers a library filter option.
- The Maps app also got new iOS 14 features with an improved interface, cycling and EV routes, dedicated location guides, and more.
- You can also set up personalized goals and wake-up reminders with other iOS 14 beta features in the Health app.
- The Find my iPhone app has been replaced by the Find My app that would let you integrate third-party tools (like Tile) to locate other devices.
- CarKey has also got some interesting iOS 14 features that would let you unlock your car by simply tapping the app on your phone.
- The iOS 14 upgrade has finally brought the picture-in-picture mode on iPhone that would let you watch a video and multitask on your phone.
- You can also find new iOS 14 features in several other apps and tools like Photos, Podcasts, Reminders, Notes, App Store, Apple Arcade, Files, Shortcuts, FaceTime, and more.
How to embed iOS 14 Widgets into your iOS Designs
From all the available iOS 14 features, the addition of widgets is the most prominent one. If you are also an app developer, then you can embed widgets in your designs with the help of a resourceful tool like Wondershare Mockitt. Developed by Wondershare, it will let you create widgets of different sizes without putting much effort.
- Mockitt is an online designing application that you can access on any browser to work on stunning iOS 14 widgets and other designs.
- You can find hundreds of vectors and design elements to create stunning widgets from scratch.
- On Mockitt, you can also explore variously professionally designed widgets that are readily available. You can just include these widget templates in your designs and customize them on the go.
- The designing tool is extremely easy to use and can be integrated with the cloud so that you can work with your team together.
- Once you have completed your design on Mockitt, you can easily export it into different formats and include it in your app.
To learn how to come up with stunning widget designs with a tool like Mockitt, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Start a new project
To begin with, you can just go to the online application of Mockitt, create your account, and launch its tool. Now, just tap on the "Create" button from the top and choose "Project" to create a new project for you. This will add a new canvas to your project.
Step 2: Discover iOS Widgets
While working on your design, you can easily find all kinds of widgets in the tool. For this, just go to the Library option from the top and browse to the "Resources" tab. Here, you can explore the wide range of widgets that can be included in your designs.
Besides that, you can also discover different styles of templates in the Mockitt tool that you can import to your project.
After browsing the range of iOS 14 widgets available in Mockitt, you can choose to save them to your library for fast access.
That's it! Once the iOS 14 widget is added, you can go to the workspace to access and customize your design.
Step 3: Use iOS 14 widgets in your design
That's it! You can now go to the Widgets section on your canvas, look for the iOS 14 widgets, and import them to your canvas. There are several other designing tools in Mockitt that you can further use to customize your widgets.
I hope that after reading this post, you would be able to know more about some new iOS 14 features in detail. Since there are so many iOS 14 features in the update, I have tried to handpick the most useful changes that you can explore. Also, if you are an app developer or a designer, then you can simply use Mockitt to come up with visually stunning iOS 14 widgets in a jiffy.