Wondershare Mockitt - iOS 14 UI Kit
iOS 14 Upgrading Tips for You
- Should I Upgrade to iOS 14? How?
- Fix the common iOS 14 problems and issues.
- How to Apply iOS 14 Widgets and Adapt to Your Design
iOS 14 Supported Devices and Compatibility: Check if your iPhone can Update to iOS 14
"What are the iOS 14 supported devices and how to check if my device is iOS 14 compatible or not?"
If you have a similar doubt and would like to know about the iOS 14 compatible devices, then you have come to the right place. While the iOS 14 public version has been released, a lot of iPhone users are not sure whether they should update their device or not. To help you understand the iOS 14 device support, I have come up with a list of all the compatible devices right here.
A Complete List of iOS 14 Supported Devices (and How to Update)
If you are not sure whether your device supports the new iOS release, then check out the iOS 14 compatible phones. Ideally, all the devices that support iOS 13 can be upgraded to iOS 14. Here are all the iOS 14 compatible devices so that you can check whether your phone is included in the list or not.
- iPod Touch (7th generation)
- iPhone SE (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max
How to check your iPhone Model?
If you are not sure whether your iPhone is included in the iOS 14 compatible devices, then you can check it manually. For this, just unlock your iPhone and tap on the gear icon to visit its Settings. Now, browse to Settings > General > About and check the "Model Name" field to know which iPhone model you are using. If it is included in the above-listed iOS 14 compatible phones, then you can upgrade your device.
How to upgrade your iPhone to iOS 14?
If your phone is included in the iOS 14 supported devices, then you won't encounter any issue upgrading it. After checking the iOS 14 compatibility, you can simply unlock your device and go to its Settings > General > Software Update.
For all the iOS 14 compatible devices, the iOS 14 profile would be listed. You can review it and tap on the "Download and Install" button to update your phone. That's it! Now you just have to wait for a while as your device would install iOS 14 and will be restarted.
Why you should update your device to iOS 14?
From advanced features to better security updates, there are plenty of reasons for you to upgrade your device.
- The iOS 14 update brings several security upgrades to keep your device safe.
- You can know whenever any app would access the device's microphone or camera.
- Safari offers better features with regular privacy and security reports.
- Users can add and stack all kinds of widgets on their home screen.
- The update also provides a dedicated app library to keep your apps organized.
- Several new and revamped apps such as Music, Health, Map, Podcast, Notes, and more
- The Messages app offers in-line replies, pinning of conversations, and new memojis.
- The Find My app can now be integrated with third-party services like Tile.
- There are also better and improved features for the Camera, FaceTime, CarKey, and other apps.
How to Embed Stunning iOS 14 Widgets in your Designs
The widgets feature is one of the most prominent updates on iOS 14. If you are an app developer or a designer, then you can take the assistance of Wondershare Mockitt to come up with stunning widgets. Developed by Wondershare, it is an online tool that offers a wide range of designing options and readily available iOS 14 widgets.
- Mockitt offers a dedicated section for iOS 14 widgets that you can easily explore and include any template to your designs.
- It also lets us customize the template by changing its color themes, adding texts, and doing the needed edits.
- You can find hundreds of vectors and other designing solutions in Mockitt to meet every requirement of yours.
- Since Mockitt is available online, you can access it on any browser without any compatibility issues.
- The application will let you export your projects into different formats and can import designs from several formats as well.
You can follow this basic drill to design aesthetically pleasing iOS 14 widgets with the help of Mockitt.
Step 1: Start a New Project
To begin with, you can just go to the online dashboard of Mockitt and log-in to your account. After that, you can click on the "Create" button, and select the "Project" button to reveal a pop-up. In the pop-up, you can select the size for your canvas, including iPhone 12 and other devices.
Step 2: Discover the Supported iOS 14 Widgets
Once you have got a working canvas on the Mockitt interface, it is time to explore the available iOS 14 widgets. For this, you can go to the "Library" feature from the top and check the available widgets under the "Resources" tab.
This will display a wide range of templates that are offered by the application. Simply select the iOS 14 templates option from here.
After visiting the iOS 14 templates feature, click on the "Save to Library" button so that the templates would be available in your account's library.
That's it! Once the templates are saved in your library, you can click on the "Go to Workspace" button to explore them.
Step 3: Import iOS 14 Widgets to your Design
Now, you can just access the available features of Mockitt to create any design related to iOS widgets. To add any iOS 14 widget from the template, go to the Widgets section from the sidebar and select iOS 14. This will display a list of the available widgets that you can add to your canvas and even customize them later on.
I'm sure that after reading this post, you would be able to check whether your iPhone is among the iOS 14 supported devices or not. Besides the iOS 14 compatibility check, I have also shared how to update your device. Also, if you are an app designer, then you can take the assistance of Mockitt to create all kinds of iOS 14 widgets in no time. The application is extremely easy to use and offers extensive designing features that you would love to explore.