Top 6 Website Mockup Tools
Finalizing the design of a website is a challenging task. There are a lot of changes recommended by clients and developers that shape the design of a website. It is not feasible to make a new website whenever there is a change in the design. A website mockup tool is very useful as it helps developers to materialize a website design with ease. A mockup is an image of a website design that includes important elements of the website to show the clients. The image shows the homepage and other pages of the website giving an insight to the clients regarding the look of the website.
There are several mockup tools available online with different features; choose the best tool that suits your requirements.
Top 6 Website Mockup Tools
1. Wondershare Mockitt
Wondershare Mockitt is a web mockup tool that helps you to design fast, animate and create prototypes of websites. The tool offers plenty of templates, widget panel, cloud, and enterprise features. The website allows multi-platform prototyping for various platforms such as Android, Mac, and Windows. The tool provides a comfortable and free design environment for the designers. This free website mockup tool offers plenty of widgets such as text, button, image, and material design library and icons that enable designers to work effectively.
Another important feature of Wondershare Mockitt is the drag and drop feature. The features include gestures, page transitions, and animations that are useful for creating amazing designs.
- The software has a "quick and shares" feature that helps to work effectively and meet the deadlines
- It allows for real-time collaboration. Since the team members work remotely, real-time collaboration enables users to coordinate and work effectively.
- The software has a cloud feature to store changes and sync the projects with the desktop.
- If you are inexperienced, the plenty of widget features may confuse you.
- Watch tutorials before you use the trial version.
Compatibility - Windows, Mac and other Browsers
2. Adobe XD
Adobe XD is one of the best web mockup tools allowing developers to create quick mockups for a website. You can even build powerful prototypes of your mockup in Adobe XD. The tool is highly compatible as you can preview the mockups on mobile, tablets, and laptops. It allows the users to check how the website would appear on different devices. The software enables online integration that speeds up the design process. The software allows designers to manage their workflow and have a look at their domain knowledge, techniques, and tools.
To create an innovative product, designers need to use the latest techniques and solutions. The Adobe XD is one of the most innovative software enabling designers to create interactive and intuitive designs. The features of the software speed up the workflow of the team by real-time collaboration.
- You can store all data on the cloud (Adobe Creative Cloud) and sync with your device
- Download for free on Windows, Mac, and Andriod devices
- Design quick up mockups with interactive features
- You cannot design customized shapes in Adobe XD
- Prototyping feature works with Mac OS
Compatibility - Windows, Mac, and Android
Moqups is a web design mockup tool enabling developers to create mockups, diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes. It is a very intuitive and streamlines web tool that helps you to collaborate on diagrams, mockups, and prototypes. It is a powerful online collaboration tool that combines features such as whiteboards, diagrams, and design features on a single platform. It is paid software that supports communication, contact management, video conferencing, task management, calendar management, document management, and real-time management. An online chat feature allows team members to discuss the progress of the workflow.
Designers need to understand the difference between mockups and prototype. A mockup is an image whereas a prototype can be edited and are made after finalizing mockups. In Moqups, both mockups and prototypes can be designed to speed up the work of making a website.
- It offers a friendly interface enabling designers to work quickly
- It allows real-time editing
- Highly compatible with different devices
- It is a paid online tool.
- It does not offer a free trial.
Compatibility - All platforms
4. Fluid UI
Fluid UI is another free web mockup tool that enables a designer to create mockups in a browser. It has a widget feature that allows designers to use drag and drop feature that appears on the screen. The widget has a wide collection of objects that are used for website designing compatible on different devices. The software is compatible with different devices such as Mac and Windows.
Fluid UI allows for seamless collaboration with the team. You can work in real-time with the team and save changes to the cloud. One of the best features of the Fluid UI is that there is no limit to users and prototypes. One of the best features of Fluid UI is rapid prototyping, beautiful animations, built-in libraries, mouse and touch gestures, live video representations, live chat support, etc.
- It is a free plan limited to 1 project with a maximum of 10 pages
- It supports gesture-based operations
- The tool has a b focus on mobile development
- Follow tutorials to make quick mockups
- Users get confused while choosing objects
Compatibility - Mac, and Windows
Mockplus is a web design mockup tool enabling designers to create mockups, prototypes, and wireframes. With pre-built components and drag and drop features, you can create amazing designs quickly. It has a lot of powerful features enabling users to create, test, and share mockup designs within the teams. The team collaboration feature allows users to create designs with a simple process. In a free plan, a registered member will get 5 free projects, unlimited collaborators, and 5 team members.
- A perfect tool for online collaboration
- All-in-one tool where users can create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes
- User-friendly UI/GI
- A lot of features are locked when you are using a trial version
- Interaction features can trouble you if you are inexperienced
Compatibility - Mac, and Windows
Ideas can be brought into life with one of the best website mockup tools in the world. It is one of the most popular collaborative tools that enable designers and developers to create mockups and prototypes. It is a quick tool that saves time and effort of the creators.
It allows real-time interaction that makes teamwork productive. With fast technology, the creators can use unlimited features and widget options to create prototypes within the shortest time. It improves the workflow of the team and helps to conduct brainstorming sessions with an online chat feature.
- The software is easy to use
- You can present the ideas by creating mockups interactively
- You can share the design with the team members at a lightning speed without obstacles.
- In the trial version, there is a limit in adding new users
- Some repetitive screens make navigation a little confusing
Compatibility - desktop and mobiles on Windows, Mac, and Android.
Would you interested in a free mockup creator? Click and learn more about the Top 10 Best Free Mockup Creators.