How to Make UI Design with Photoshop?
Usually, when it comes to designing of web platforms and applications, there are prototyping software to help you out. But if you are looking forward to making your user interface design even more attractive, you can do it through Photoshop.Photoshop UI UXlets you use some fantastic features to develop the best designs with uniqueness and details. You might be a beginner or expert in designing, but when you are trying to create aPhotoshop UI design, you need to upgrade your Photoshop skills and utilize the features properly.
How to Make UI Design with Photoshop?
To make a user interface design with Photoshop, you need to know some basic elements as well as complex features present in Photoshop to put the maximum effort but efficiently. Let’s start with the basics of it:
- Know your layers: -Layers are the units of design in Photoshop. Each layer consists of custom edits and manipulations to combine and create a powerful user interface design. Create your first layer by choosing the correct size of the desired device’s screen size. In the case of desktop, platforms choose a landscape sized layer and in the case of mobiles, choose the portrait shaped one. Now you can add an image to that layer or can create another layer to put your inputs. The layers can be edited through the layer panel.
- Use a layer mask to combine: -Your UI design can consist of multiple pages, and each page can take multiple layers to get it done. So make sure you start with a single page every time and add all the layers that is required for that particular page’s design. When the layers are edited, and sometimes even not, you can combine the layers, see your design how it’s taking shape. Layer mask hides the part of a layer to see what texture the other layer is providing.
- Add components: -Add texts and images to your UI design to make it attractive yet informative. The key here is to add lesser texts and wider images. This kind of designs gives the page enough breathing space. Try to use not such complicated fonts, easily readable and of different sizes. With the help of Photoshop, you can add high-resolution pictures without getting it pixelated.
- Vector graphics can be included to add custom shapes, replace or add a logo to the canvas. You can make the logo with adobe illustrator and add it directly.
- Save and export: -Save yourPhotoshop UIdesign in PSD format to work on the design furthermore. If you are good to go, you can save and export your designs in multiple web -formats which help to share more conveniently.
How to Make UI Design with Photoshop Alternative?
Now that you know aboutUI in Photoshopskills, it’s time to know about some other designing tool as well. Wondershare Mockitt is the simplest yet effective tool among all the prototyping software available in the market.
- Freefor individual use as basic. The advance level and enterprise is pocket friendly too.
- Widgets, templates and iconsalready build in to help out the beginners. Widgets can be creating and edited for future use.
- Drag and dropmethod to add the widgets on the canvas easily.
- Add linksbetween your pages like – gesture, action or animation to create a better UI design. This allows you to make user-friendly designs yet attractive to interact with.
- Cloud storageallows you to save and reconnect to your work whenever you need without any data loss.
- Enterpriseallows you to connect with graphic designers, developers and managers to create your team to get the best output of your ownUX design photoshop.
Here are the steps to create UI design in Wondershare Mockitt :
Step 1: Create a new project
- Choose ‘Create Project’ after logging in successfully.
- Choose a new project with the required device type and size.
Step 2: Design your login UI
Add widgets and icons
- Many components are available on both sides of the screen. ‘Fast Widgets’ on the left and ‘Build-in Widgets’, ‘My Widgets’ and ‘Icons’ on the right.
- The desired widget can be chosen and dragged to the canvas from the panels.
Add links between screens
- Choose ‘New link’ from the right panel to set a gesture, action or animation.
- Video clips, audio and spreadsheets can be added by putting its URL link for the desired file and publish it.
- Add notes to your UI design so that you want to keep in mind for future use.
Create interactive animations
- Numerous icons and widgets in the library and templates as a demo to help you out.
- Dynamic widgets are there to add interacting animation, manage screen state by changing the colour, size and shape of an image component.
Step 3: Preview your UI design.
- Preview or test the UI design prototype through the target device. This will allow you to understand what you are going to provide.
Step 4: Share your UI design
- After designing hand off your work to the professional developers to get the coding started.
- Collaborate with a team of developer, graphic designer and manager through Enterprise to put your design into life.