How to Create Home Page UI and UX
A home page acts as the gateway to website content, entire UI/UX design and functionality. It is the one that gives the users the taste they might expect from the page. If the UI home page is not impressive, visitors will just leave without going deeper into what is offered. Therefore, as you do design, you should make sure that the design is impressive. An inviting UI home page acts as a great start of great user experience. The main thing is to ensure you know the features the design should have and use the best tool during the designing process.
The Best Tool for UI Home Page Design
Wondershare Mockitt has all the features you require to create a perfect home page UI design. It provides the required support for prototyping for a wide range of platforms such as Pad, iPhone, PC and others. If you want to customize your device size, you can custom it the way you want. It is a top-notch tool that offers a free design and convenient environment for designers. It has a lot of icons and design widgets including map, text, video, image and many others that make the designing process smooth. With the tool, you can easily customize your icons and widgets and reuse them in the future as you do other designs.
This tool makes the designing process simple because it offers simple drag and drop for interactive prototype. There is a sketch plugin that you can sync with your sketch files and link the screens fast. This helps take your homepage UI design a notch higher. The tool also supports the exportation of PNG/HTML/IPA offline files, thus making it possible for you to present your design in any kind of environment.
Through the shareable URL or QR code, it is possible for you to share your project with other team members or any other person for preview or for feedback. It makes it easy to collaborate, preview, get comments and even edit properties fast.
How to Create Home Page UI and UX Design
Step 1: Login and create project
- Login into the platform and create new project. Create a blank project or opt to create one for demos.
- Click settings, change the size, name your UI home page, and then save.
Step 2: design the home page UI design
- Add fast widgets and icon. Do this by double-clicking or dragging them to the canvas, you can also add by pressing hotkeys and draw. On the right sides, you find build-in widgets, icons and my widgets. Double click or drag then to the canvas.
- If you want to, the tool allows you to edit and save the widgets for future use.
- Add links between screens. Select a single widget and click new link in the link panel on the right side. You can still add them by dragging the link icon to the screen. Now set gesture, action and animations for the widgets.
- Add notes that help give further explanation about your home page UI. Input the text in the sticky feature found in the built-in widget library. Use the notes to make everyone understands what your design is all about and critical features in it.
Step 3: Preview the homepage UX
- Preview your design to check its look and functionality on different screens. You can preview on mobile devices, Personal Computer and even offline. Previewing helps you make the right improvements to make it highly responsive so that users using different screen sizes and devices can have a positive experience when using it.
Step 4: Share the design
- Share your home page UI design with others so that they can have a feel of it and give feedback for improvements. Make sure you share it with those who you are targeting because they are the ones who can give you valuable information that will allow for the right improvements. Wondershare Mockitt allows you to do the sharing fast and receive comments.
Step 5: Launch the design
- Now that you are 100 percent, your design is perfect for the market; you can launch it for your users.
Useful Tips for Home Page UI/UX Design
1. Understand your end-users
The first thing before you begin to create ui homepage design is to know your end users in and out. Know what your target users require and the gap that makes them not achieve the goals. You should know the people who use your website or app. User research is critical to gather all the information required to offer a home page UI valuable to users. Ask the questions through interviews to know their objectives and what they expect an app or website to have to solve the challenges they face.
2. Define how the interface is used
Before you begin to start your UI home page, determine how your target users will use it. Focus on creating a design that is intuitive and easy to use. Note that people use app and websites either directly or indirectly. Know your users and the devices they use to make a design that offer them a positive experience.
3. Have expectations
Make sure you come up with a UI homepage design that users will know what to expect when they click a button. Set expectations with your design so that your users can know the consequences of every action they take when navigating the app or website. Do this having button corresponding to the desired action, choose a colour with the right meaning, give direction or give warnings.
4. Expect mistakes
As you create homepage UX, always anticipate that you can make mistakes. The trick here is to ensure you prevent them before they happen and come up with ways to fix them.
5. Allow others to give feedback
After you are through with the design process, it is wise you share it with other people who can give feedback and allow you to make the right improvement before you launch the design. This is valuable in ensuring you create a home page UI that meets the goals and expectations of the end-users.