Look, We Know and Study Adobe XD.
- Get to Think Afresh about Adobe XD.
- Ways to design and Prototype in Adobe XD.
- Adobe XD vs. ? - What Makes Adobe XD Different?
- Essential Tips for Adobe XD.
Wondershare Mockitt is the best altenative to Adobe XD:
How to Run Adobe XD on Linux
Adobe XD is a powerful tool you can use for your entire UX/UI designing process. It allows you to create user flows, interactive prototypes, high fidelity designs animations and many others. It works in different platforms; you have the flexibility to use regardless of the devices you are using for your design. It is also possible to integrate it in Linux. You can use Adobe XD Linux in various ways as you do the designing work. The tool can help you do high quality designing with the many features it offers. Continue reading the article to know more about adobe XD Linux.
How to Run Adobe XD on Linux
It is now possible to run adobe XD on Linux. You can do it easily using PlayOnLinux, which you will need to install. PlayOnLinux is a GUI tool that makes it possible for you to run adobe XD for Linux effectively. After you install it, it executes a script that will enable you be able to install adobe XD.
To run adobe XD linux, you should first of all open PlayOnLinux. This is necessary because with no POL environment, no adobe tool can work. Once you get inside POL check for Adobe Application Manager and run it. Inside the manager, choose the adobe app you want to run. The manager helps you through the process as it guides you through all the necessary steps to get adobe XD in linux running on the system. If you would like to have the best experience using adobe XD for Ubuntu, you should have updated version of windows. The good thing is that adobe XD has features that makes it run well on Linux. Besides, these features also make it easy for you to do the designing work without a lot of issues.
How to Use Adobe XD for Linux
Step 1: Create a project
- Open adobe XD, welcome and find the project to create. Get all the UI elements, create artboard and double click the name of the artboard and change to home.
Step 2: Create prototype background
- Click artboard to have the properties displayed on the right side of the platform.
- Click fill color to open color selection dialog. Set your colour to dark gray and the close dialogue box.
- Set the header by opening file. In the browser, navigate the header image and then click import. You get controls around the graphic to resize the header so that it can fit the page header.
Step 3: Develop content area background and add content
- Choose rectangle tool from the panel and create rectangle below the header. Set dark gray fill. Then add content by importing small directory of the catalog and input text.
Step 4: Develop a content grid
- Develop a grid from the existing content. You can hold shift on your keyboard and choose content, small picture or text. Click repeat grid button in the panel. Copy the selected content to the grid.
Step 5: Create a new page or more pages
- Click artboard tool to create a new layout on the panel on the left side. Repeat same procedure to create additional pages.
Step 6: Set up home page
- Click home icon on the left of the artboard to choose first layout as home page.
Step 7: Preview
- Click preview icon to see the different pages the way they will get displayed to the users.
The Best Adobe XD Ubuntu Alternative
The best Adobe XD Alternative for linux is Wondershare Mockitt. This is an easy to use adobe XD Ubuntu tool even for beginners. It is a tool that helps you to the job more effectively without wasting time. When you are working as a team you do not have to send screenshots to other members. It is possible for you to choose test applications, transitions, screen gestures and create as many screens as you want. As an adobe XD alternative for linux, Wondershare Mockitt allows you to create all your projects on any device. You can also download it on your linux system and create your prototypes offline. Wondershare Mockitt also supports Linux system so you work on it smoothly and efficiently.
Wondershare Mockitt also acts as a top adobe XD linux alternative since it allows for screen switching meaning that when using it, it becomes easy for you to switch screens and choose text copies by use of sharing and preview mode. The tool also allows for team support, meaning it is possible for you to work on the same project simultaneously. Wondershare Mockitt also has animation with screen states which is a feature that makes it easy for you to develop animation with state transition of similar screens.
The tool features an icon library that has more than a hundred icons you can use when doing various UX or UI designs. Besides, with the tool, it is also possible for you to view the entire project, do editing and then share the URL of flows in a single screen. There is a rich text editor that is easy to use. You just need to click it once to open it, then change text color, choose italic, bold and other different styles. For your graphic designs, the tool has a picture filter that allows you to adjust graphic effects such as brightness, blurring and many more. Other features include a forum, guide, blog and others that make the designing process easy.