Look, We Know and Study Adobe XD.
- Get to Think Afresh about Adobe XD.
- Ways to design and Prototype in Adobe XD.
- Adobe XD vs. ? - What Makes Adobe XD Different?
- Essential Tips for Adobe XD.
Wondershare Mockitt is the best altenative to Adobe XD:
How to Create Horizontal Scrolling in Adobe XD
As designers, we all love to show maximum content to our viewers and users. With the next generation device form factors becoming smaller and smaller, scrolling has become an integral part of any website or app. Without the scrolling feature, one cannot read or see the details and images further listed in the app or website. Adobe XD is a great tool for designers and developers for creating wireframes, prototypes, and designs for digital products. Adobe XD scrolling is a new feature added by Adobe XD in the form of “Scroll Groups”.
How to create Horizontal Scrolling Animation in Adobe XD
Sometimes when you create an XD design, it is not possible to fit your long content on the artboard. With the help of Scroll Groups, you can create various scrollable groups within a single artboard. Before Scroll Groups was introduced scrolling in Adobe XD was limited to the vertical scroll in the artboard. Now there are more options available through which the designers can introduce scroll vertical, horizontal, or vertical & horizontal (also known as Pan). Here is a complete guide on how you can create an adobe XD horizontal scroll.
- To create a Scrollable group, you need to first enable the layers that are going to be scrolled. You need to choose the Content group for creating a scrollable group. Then, click on the “Horizontal scroll button”
- The next step is to design or select an Adobe XD scrollable area.
- Next, go to the design mode, and select the objects you want to turn to scroll group.
- Then select the options in Property Inspector menu - for scrolling (select horizontal), fix the position while scrolling and then specify the width of the artboard.
- After that you can wireframe the artboard using the prototype mode. There are various options in the Prototype mode like fixing position while scrolling or preserve the previous position.
- Once everything is setup, its now time to preview all the prototype comprising Adobe XD horizontal scroll. To preview the artboard, click on Desktop Preview. You can even drag the preview window to view the horizontal scroll.
Scroll groups are very handy to use in Adobe XD because of its unique UI elements. Now that you have an idea of creating a horizontal XD scrolling, you can create a vertical or both (horizontal and vertical) in the same way.
How to create Horizontal Scrolling Animation with Adobe XD Alternative
Let us face it – Adobe XD scrolling is quite complicated. Further, more and more designers now prefer zero installation, cloud-based tools. Designers prefer tools that can just be accessed via a web browser anytime and on any device.
One of the most highly recommended. Cloud based and completely online tools is Wondershare Mockitt. Wondershare Mockitt helps to animate and prototype much faster. In Wondershare Mockitt, you can design prototypes easily without any coding knowledge and with a single click. There is no need to install, download or update the software version. You can login and use it directly through a browser. It helps in multiplying efficiency and ensures data security and recovery. You can also demo your designs online/offline and get instant feedback. Wondershare Mockitt comes with a wide variety of templates which enable you to easily create smooth horizontal or vertical scrolling.
The obvious next question is - how to create Horizontal Scrolling with this Adobe XD Alternative. Here’s how -
1. Create a new project
Once you login to Wondershare Mockitt, you can get started by creating a new project and choosing the form factor and device type.
2. Design the horizontal scroll
You are now all set to start working on your wireframing canvas.
- Add a few widgets and icons. Several built-in widgets and icons are available and you can add them to the canvas by dragging them to the canvas or double clicking the widgets. Don’t worry, you can easily edit the widgets as you please. You can also save your widgets for reuse.
- If you are adding multiple images it is likely that you need to introduce horizontal scrolling. When viewed on your mobile device, dynamic panel might be larger than the device viewport. That's when you need a horizontal scroll menu to see more.
- Wondershare Mockitt Template lets you create horizontally and vertically scrollable areas of content. Template can be set to scroll horizontally, vertically or both. You can create multiple scrollable areas on a screen, and even nest one inside another.
- Create a template, add all the content to it, then place the template on the screen and adjust the scrollable area you need to have in your prototype whether it is vertical scrolling, horizontal scrolling or masked picture presentation.
3. Preview the horizontal scroll
Once you have designed the horizontal scroll, it’s time to preview the effect. By clicking on the ‘Preview’ button in the tool, you can see your scroll in action. You can preview the web page on your PC and mobile both online and offline.
4. Share the app/prototype
It is likely that you are working with a team and need to get inputs on your early prototypes. You might also want to test your app or website with a few users for some early feedback. Click on the share button in the tool and you can generate a QR code or shareable link.
Indeed, introducing horizontal scroll takes just a few clicks in Wondershare Mockitt and everything can be done online unlike scrolling in adobe XD. The simplified interaction certainly saves valuable time for designers as horizontal scrolls are very common in most digital products today.