Look, We Know and Study Adobe XD.
- Get to Think Afresh about Adobe XD.
- Ways to design and Prototype in Adobe XD.
- Adobe XD vs. ? - What Makes Adobe XD Different?
- Essential Tips for Adobe XD.
Wondershare Mockitt is the best altenative to Adobe XD:
Convert Adobe XD to Figma: Detailed Steps
Adobe XD and Figma are wireframing and prototyping tools. They help web designers to accomplish UX/UI designs. Commonly, User Experience (UX) refers to all relations that a user has with a product or service. On the other hand, User Interface (UI) checks all the elements that build the experience. For example, the appearance of the product to the user, how interactive the product or service is to the user, and the swiftness of using the process to accomplish preferred results. Due to the lack of real-time collaboration in Adobe XD, website developers choose to import XD to Figma.
Steps for Importing Adobe XD to Figma
Can you open the XD file in Figma?
A web designer can open XD file in Figma. The following are the reasons to open the XD file in Figma:
- Need for browser-based – Figma files can be utilized in any operating system.
- Affordability – Figma is mostly free; hence it is accessible to most people.
- Need for an all-in-one package – Figma has developer handoff, which has design specifications for better project development.
How to Import Adobe XD file to Figma
There are two options to convert XD to Figma.
- Use of SVG
It is straightforward to utilize SVG to import Adobe XD to Figma. All you have to do is select “Copy” in Figma, then in Adobe XD, go to “File” then choose “Export” and finally click on “Export as SVG.” Then proceed and paste the artboard from XD directly to the Figma app. This method is simple to implement, but it comes with drawbacks. For instance, you cannot convert non-vector formats such as PNGs and JPGs, and when you convert images from XD to Figma, you will need to add several things to complete them. Similarly, this method neither carries prototyping functionality from XD to Figma nor keeps the names of artboards. Consequently, a user has to do a lot of rework on artboards to end up with a viable option.
- Use of XD2Sketch.com
To utilize XD2Sketch.com to import XD to Figma, you have to pay a small fee. After paying, drag the XD file that you wish to convert to Figma and paste it on the window that will open on XD2Sketch.com, and the file will automatically be imported to Figma.
The Best Adobe XD and Figma Alternative
Wondershare Mockitt Prototyping Tool
Wondershare Mockitt is an internet-based wireframing tool. It is fabricated for building mobile app applications as well as any prototype for devices such as Android and iOS. Wondershare Mockitt is very simple to utilize because it doesn’t involve downloading the software. To utilize it in prototyping, you only need to log in to the software, then click on “Create Project.”
Features of Wondershare Mockitt
Below are the main features that characterize Wondershare Mockitt:
- Easy to utilize
- Predefined templates
- Allow real-time collaboration
- Permits user customization
- Software Independence
- Cloud editing
- Economic Pricing
- Support system
Why go for Wondershare Mockitt instead of Adobe XD and Figma
Wondershare Mockitt is better than Adobe XD and Figma prototyping tools due to the reasons below:
- Wondershare Mockitt is accompanied by a straightforward and clear product design interface. Hence, it is straightforward for web designers to work on it even when they have less prototyping technical knowledge.
- Adobe XD has a lot of complex features, which makes it more difficult to utilize when compared to Figma. On the other hand, Figma has better and more functionalities than Adobe XD. But when you compare XD and Figma to Wondershare Mockitt, Wondershare Mockitt is way significantly simpler to utilize. If you are new in prototyping, be sure to go for Wondershare Mockitt Software.
- Before utilizing any prototyping tool, you have to check the pricing of subsequent packages alongside the features offered in each package. If you consider the pricing of Wondershare Mockitt packages to Adobe XD and Figma, you will opt for Wondershare Mockitt Software because it offers affordable packages that have better features for prototyping.
- Given that Wondershare Mockitt Software is independent, users of IOS and Android devices can benefit from the products designed using Wondershare Mockitt.
- When it comes to storage, Wondershare Mockitt Software possesses cloud storage, which allows designers to sync all the projects they have worked on.
- Real-time collaboration lacks in Adobe XD, but it is found in both Figma and Wondershare Mockitt. But since Wondershare Mockitt is simpler to utilize and is accompanied by better features, you should opt for it and enjoy much better communication with your clients.
- Wondershare Mockitt has numerous in-built widgets and icons when compared to XD and Figma. So you are sure to have beautiful interfaces when prototyping with Wondershare Mockitt.
- Wondershare Mockitt creates mobile applications that become very interactive fast. As a result, the user can share them with other devices, for instance, to a laptop.
- Since Wondershare Mockitt comes with default templates, it makes it easier for web designers to work on projects and end up with clear and consistent products.
- If you wish to have better project development, go for Wondershare Mockitt because it has a Handoff feature that permits users to examine and discuss ways to improve a given project.
Tips for Converting XD to Figma
Web designers should opt to open XD file in Figma because the Figma app is accompanied by a wireframing kit that possesses all the components that are generally utilized for the creation of mockups. The components facilitate the users to save time and effort, which they would otherwise have utilized to move from one app to another. The linking in Figma is super easy; thus, the user can easily interact with the created projects. In the same way, Figma prototypes are clickable, so the designer will never have to mind about the backend code. Furthermore, clickable prototypes are interactive, so the clients get a full view of the operation between artboards. On the other hand, the comments on Figma prototypes are stored in the design files making it easier for quick retrieval.
When it comes to the feedback process, Figma towers higher than Adobe XD. Figma is renowned for a convenient feedback system that ensures faster reiterations, and hence designers who import XD to Figma enjoy real-time collaboration. As a result, users who import adobe XD to Figma save a lot of time, which they would have invested in meeting clients since all communications can be done online in a more efficient manner.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you open the XD file in Figma?
A web designer can open XD file in Figma. All you need to do is to export Adobe XD file as SVG and paste it directly in Figma. In Adobe XD, you can go to "File" and select "Export as SVG". In Figma, you can just paste the artboard to Figma directly.
2. How to Import Adobe XD File to Figma?
There are two options to convert XD to Figma. The first optiion is to use SVG, you can go to "File" > "Export" and then choose the "Export as SVG" in Adobe XD. Then you can paste the layer to Figma. The second option, you can use a third-party plugin to help you. There are plenty of plugins in the market.
3. Why You Need to Convert Adobe XD to Figma?
Here are three reasons that why you need to import Adobe XD file into Figma: need for browser-based, affordability, need for an all-in-one package.