Wondershare Mockitt - App Design Tool
Resources to Find Modern App Designs
- Things You Need to Know about App Design.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Mobile App Design.
- Top List of Must-Recommend App Creator.
- Tips to Create Awesome App Design.
Top 10 Free Mockup Apps in 2021
A mockup app can elevate the design of your mobile app within minutes! A mockup application will serve as your personal and free design agency. That's right! You can get professional-looking designs for your mobile apps using free mockup apps. Say bye-bye to time-consuming and expensive design professionals.
Trust a good app design to skyrocket your business. Make business effortless and attract clients like a magnet! That is why the layout of your app and service is of utmost importance. Great app design for iPad, iPhones, Android devices, smartwatches, TV, etc. makes your brand shine!
We've shortlisted ten free mockup apps! These can help you make your mobile mockup like an app design magician. We're mentioning the features for each of these mockup apps. Before we spill the secrets on the best free mockup apps in 2021, let's understand what a mockup app really does!
What's A Mockup App and Why Should You Bother Using One?
With a mockup app, you can design professional app prototypes and wireframes. You can make eye-catching designs without knowing how to code.
Mockup apps allow you to design layouts for clients to get the app's final look and feel. Designers often use it to display the layout and functionality of a website or app.
Sometimes prototyping is as easy as drag and drop interface. In addition to it, you can link pages and layouts and share them with your team for collaboration. And that too, for free!
Free mockup apps like Wondershare Mockitt empowers its users with thousands of design elements.
Long story short: If you are sick of shredding money on complicated app designs, stop. Mockup apps are going to save both your time and money.
Get ready to be free from the burden of hiring app designers for life!
10 Best App Mockup Tools
Now that we've learned about the wonders of a mobile apps mockup tool let's rank the best ones available.
1. Wondershare Mockitt
Wondershare Mockitt is an industry-leading design prototype and wireframe tool. With this mockup free mobile app, you can make designs faster. It has an exhaustive library of widgets and icons and more.
In addition to it, there are thousands of templates at your fingertips. You can also synchronize your design across devices. It is hence, easier to collaborate across teams, projects, and the overall enterprise.
A drag and drop interface makes designing a cakewalk. And you don't even have to write a single line of code. Just select your device type for building a prototype (e.g., iPhone) and experiment with designs.
Add buttons, create links, get previews, and more with just a few swipes. Once done, you can download your to-be best selling app design and hand it off to the developer. Easy right? You can be stress-free when it comes to app designing with Wondershare Mockitt.
- Free and easy to use.
- Drag and drop interface.
- Make mockups for iPad, Mac, Windows, Smart Watch, TV, and so on.
- Inspect codes and "hand-off mode."
- Build-in widget/icon library and templates.
- Multiple wireframes and a massive visual interface library.
- Real-time co-editing facility across teams.
- Many enterprise solutions, project, and team management authorization levels with access controls.
- None to mention
2. Adobe XD
Adobe is also a helpful mobile app mockup tool. Adobe is also a reliable free app mockup tool after Wondershare Mockitt. You can create websites, apps, video games, and voice-controlled mobile app mockups.
There are a lot of free icons in the library. However, to find the cream of the crop, you might have to shed more than 10 dollars monthly.
- A few free sets of services.
- Create visual interfaces and wireframes.
- Multiple levels of detailing can be achieved.
- A limited 2 GB cloud storage.
- Access to every feature is not free.
- Difficult for users who aren't familiar with the Adobe ecosystem.
With Mockplus, designers can get access to more than 300 icons. Moreover, one can check their app mockup for free.
- Create visual mockups quickly.
- Real-time co-editing features.
- Interactive prototypes.
- Enterprise solutions are expensive compared to other mockup apps free for use.
- Remote collaboration features lag occasionally.
4. Fluid UI
Fluid UI is one of the many available mobile apps mockup tools. You can get access to create interactive prototypes.
- Multiple device previews.
- Cloud access.
- Prototype in high and low fidelity.
- Navigation is not user-friendly.
- Pricing is expensive compared to other available options.
5. Marvel App
Marvel is a free mockup app for mobile devices. It comes with intuitive design elements that also offer user testing features.
- Create prototypes without code.
- Feedback is centralized across teams.
- Create scalable designs.
- Confusing screen-navigation.
- No animation support.
- No comment feedback option.
HotGloo offers multiple tutorials to create free mockups app design. The user interface is easy and is mobile friendly.
- A full-stack tool.
- Interactive wireframing tool.
- Freelancer friendly.
- Relatively affordable and cheaper than others.
- Limited elements library.
Invision is on our list of mobile app mockup tools for its social platform. Brainstorming with other creators and exchanging ideas is easy here.
- Strong community
- Fine detailing options.
- Sharing design with clients is difficult.
- No advanced features like animation in the free version.
Proto.io lets users create high-fidelity prototypes. It allows users to create only mobile apps mockup.
- Free for 15 days.
- Advanced animations support.
- Developer and programmer collaboration support.
- All features are unavailable on a free trial.
- It's a web-based tool only.
- Project navigation absent.
9. Origami Studio
Facebook built this prototyping tool, with a full-screen presentation view. It supports sketch integration in the project.
- Import photoshop elements.
- Comment features.
- Free to use.
- Can't build anything beyond micro-designs.
- The functional view of the page unavailable.
10. Mockup Builder
It is a free and easy to use wireframe and prototype builder. Users can create prototypes for Surface, iOS, and Android. If you need a prototyping tool that does the job over a few bits and pieces, you can consider Mockup Builder.
- Ideal for freelancers.
- In-built validation tools.
- Good to build simplistic interfaces.
- Only .png and .pdf export options.
- Lack of mobile interactive indexing.
- Up to 3 reviewers and 15 screens in the paid version, which is less on average.
How to Create a Mobile App Mockup
Here are the steps on how to mockup a mobile app with Wondershare Mockitt (an example):
Step 1: Sign up
Head over the web. It lets you create responsive, interactive, and brilliant app designs in minutes. Sign-up as a new user.
Step 2: Create a New Project
Create a new project. Select the type of device you want to build a prototype for from the options-Eg iPhone, Mac, TV, and so on.
Step 3: Add Widgets to Your Mobile App Mockup
Add widgets or use templates for icons, etc., from the Wondershare Mockitt library.
Tip: You can make notes for all pages and designs.
If you want to add multimedia like audio and video, add them too. Additionally, you can add animations and image carousels.
Tip: Integrating your Google Suite will make it easier for importing elements.
Step 4: Link the Pages for Your App Mockup
Link the pages with one other or simply stitch your design into one cohesive piece. You will be able to see a preview of your design.
Step 5: Share Your Mockup App
Download or share your app mockup with your team.
Tip: You can use the handoff mode to inspect design files and forward them to your developer team.
Additional Steps to Save Time and Make Your Design Project Shine
Teams can even collaborate simultaneously with dedicated access controls. Project managers can make a seamless working experience for client & guest teams too!
You can set up your enterprise or switch to a pre-created enterprise. You can also edit your enterprise information. In turn, it will help you give or take access to the level of design according to your role in the team.
Mobile apps mockup can help you design professional-looking apps without spending heavily on professional designers.
To choose the best mockup apps, consider certain factors like:
- Ease of collaboration.
- The extensiveness of the template library.
- Ease of linking screens and layouts.
- In-built collaboration tools for teams, projects, and enterprise as a whole.
- Intuitive designing tools for fast and responsive mobile app design.
- Some advanced design features support like animation, sketch, photoshop integration.
- Suitable Google Suite, or another team collaborative software support.
- Ease of downloading creative app mockup in multiple file formats.
- Consider fidelity.
- Prioritize ease of use.
Luckily our list covers all mockup app mobile apps and web apps. You can use any of these to create your next million-dollar application.
However, the editor's choice and the final verdict is to choose Wondershare Mockitt. You get all the features that other mockup apps don't offer. The support provided is the best in the industry. Moreover, the blazing design speeds will have your learning curve grow without any external help. Try Wondershare Mockitt (Windows | Mac) for free today!