Your ultimate guide to eCommerce web design
Since Global eCommerce sales continue to grow, it becomes imperative that we talk about which factors come into play and make an impressive eCommerce web design.
One eCommerce design triumphs over another because of an overall satisfying User experience. And that comes when you are more focused, informed, and paying too much attention to details. It will not only convert your prospects into customers but also make them returning buyers of your business.
We have briefed all those essential factors to consider if you are planning to design your eCommerce website. You can save all the money you have reserved for an eCommerce website design company and apply these practical tips yourself.
So, let's get straight into the main discussion.
Elements For A Good eCommerce Web Design
Trust and Security
It is very crucial to give your visitors that platform on which they can build their trust. It is not a general business website where you go for a piece of information and to make contact, but here, your customers will be giving their personal and credit card details – so it is crucial to make them feel safe and secure.
- On your website, you can provide general information about the business, photographs of people who are behind this project, contact details, proof of social media existence, testimonials/reviews, and a section of an FAQ.
- It would be best if you publish shipping and return policies unambiguously. Let them know about the complete return process and which products can be returned under the policy.
- Product reviews should be provided alongside the product details so that the customer's concerns may be alleviated. Nowadays, people check out the reviews before they buy anything online, so make sure you have them there on your website.
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layers) certificate should be installed on your website. It helps customers to build trust in your website. SSL certificate ensures the authenticity of a website and encrypts the information that is supposed to remain safe.
- For a better eCommerce UX, add trust seals that verify the security and legitimacy of a website. It will assure your customers of a secure transaction, which eventually leads to more sales and better customer relations.
- Your copy on your website should be carefully planned and well written because a compelling copy is one of the critical factors which would persuade your prospects to buy from your store.
User Interface and Experience
Within 50 milliseconds, your visitor would get a feel and look of your website – so User Interface is the primary driver of a Website Design.
- Your overall interface should be consistent throughout your website, the color combinations and the style should convey the brand's message. Make sure it also remains the same on all of your social media platforms.
- Follow visual hierarchy, which means that the most important content should be visible above the fold. You may use less negative space to ensure that critical content gets the place to be seen.
- Do not over-design your website. Use limited font formats, including the face, size, and colors. Make sure that the typeface remains the same for a particular section throughout the website.
- Use labels within known icons – It will allow visitors to interact easily with your website's content.
- Avoid using Popup windows as it will only disengage your visitors, and they might feel distracted.
- Seamless interaction is a requirement of your website visitors, so give more attention to your choice of placing Navigational menus throughout your website.
- Use clear product categories and subcategories to help your visitors get the required information within less time.
- Place a search bar on every page, and that should be in the visible position. The top right or center of the pages can be a good option.
- Your website must have a feature to sort and filter the results based on bestsellers, price, product ratings, and the newest item.
- Switch on the autocomplete feature within the search bar to make it easy for your visitors to retrieve relevant information.
- The search bar should support significant queries, be it product name, attributes, and categories.
- Show your customers a quick product review with a link to find detailed information. It will save their time in selecting the right product.
- Make special offers visible to your visitors so that they won't have to search between the pages if they are looking for it.
- Use a white background for product images, and make sure to show the product's quality images from every possible angle.
- If you can include a video, do it – it will increase your sales to a considerable extent.
- The right information at the right time, Show features like availability, colors, size, dimensions, materials, size chart, warranties, price, and more. Imagine that you are making a purchase for yourself, and now what do you want to know while you take the decision.
- Scarcity is one of those factors that persuade people to purchase. You might want to add a timer that can let your visitors know about the deadline of a sale week. Or, you may want to let them know about the scarcity of stock, which could trigger them to take a rapid decision – TickTock.
- Show them the related and recommended products to grab their attention and more sales eventually.
- Make a Clickable Checkout button using bright colors and simple language.
- Allow your visitors to add products to a cart while staying on the same page.
- Link products in the cart with the parent product page so that if the customer again wants to see the details, it won't create an issue.
- Make the shopping cart editable. For instance, users should be able to deselect the product, types, sizes, and change the quantities from the same page.
- Don't make any hidden charges visible on the checkout – it will only damage your reputation.
- Include various payment options and keep it simple. Registration Page should be briefed, and make it not mandatory to be filled.
- A 24*7 Live chat support should be available till the completion of the purchase.
Now, if you are thinking about any software with the help of which you can design your eCommerce web design prototype, Wondershare Mockitt will have you covered.
Mockitt is a design prototyping tool that helps professionals or even Novice designers to build an eCommerce design prototype in few easy steps.
Yes, you heard it right; you are not required to hire any eCommerce web design company to make a prototype.
Mockitt keeps things simple for everyone who uses it. Its uncluttered interface helps its users navigate through all of its features quickly.
State of the art laptops or computers is not a requirement to use Mockitt; it works on a Web browser.
If another designer is working with you on a big project, you both can share the screen on Mockitt and make some useful changes simultaneously.
So, apply all these design tips we have discussed throughout this article and prepare your first eCommerce web design prototype with Mockitt to get fruitful results.