How I Create My Own Website as A Beginner
Who else doesn't want to own a website? I mean some people haven't known the benefits of having a personal website. Those who know the benefits don't know how to create my own website? Every beginner faces this kind of situation. Luckily for the beginners, I'm here for you. I'll guide you with every single step of creating your personal website so you wouldn't need to search how to create your own website on Google again.
Nowadays, there's lots of website builder available which made the construction of the websites more exciting and fascinating. Now anyone can create their website either its simple websites or business website. For beginners, I recommend you to start with a simple blog website. Or use some free platforms like Blogger, Tumblr, and other web2.0 websites. Gets some hands dirty on some free platforms, and after that, you can move to more prominent platforms such as WordPress, Wix, Weebly, etc.
Well, it's all up to your which platform you want to start. I'm just giving suggestions.
Anyway, in this article, we'll discuss which things to do before creating a simple website. I'll make a guideline on how you can create your own website. For this, you must follow this article right through to the end.
Create My Website Step by Step
Launching your on-site is a momentous process that requires many small steps. We will discuss these steps here in great detail to help you understand how you can launch your website, easily and effectively.
Step 1: Ask the Right Questions:
When you are building a new website, you need to outline your needs and necessities that you will gain out of your website. Here are a few questions you should answer to help you outline the website you will build.
What is your goal?
Every website is created with a goal in mind. Is it an eCommerce portal or a company website? These questions are at the root of your website outline. The kind of format and coding platforms you use are dependent on the type of website you will build.
What plan do I have to achieve my goal?
If you want to sell products, do you want to make a catalog website of your product or you want to make an eCommerce platform? These factors will decide the type of website you will develop. Have a good market research plan and assimilate your findings with your resources to know the kind of production options you have.
What kind of user experience do you want?
Whether you want a hip outlook or a sophisticated presentation of your product, you will design your website accordingly. Make sure that you know what kind of product outlook you need.
The other similar questions to ask will be about the target audience, the type of content, and how to market your website. The more planning and research you do before the launch, the better your website will fare in the big bad world.
Step 2: Domain Name
Most of the modern world works with WordPress websites that provide Domain name options for free. We will advise you to use the web hosting services of Bluehost, Dream Host, and other significantly well-known providers. These are high-quality servers that do not cause any trouble to your website in the long run. WordPress, for example, allows you to connect with any web hosting of your liking.
I’ve to choose a niche and domain name for my website. This is the primary thing to before create my own website. A domain name is the logical address of your website, whereas niche is the topic on which I make my own website. Remember one thing always use top-level domains for your website that ends with, “.com”, “.net” etc.
Understand that when your domain expires, you have to renew your domain name. The charges are higher if your domain is a registrar- only site. If you do not connect your website to a WebHost like WordPress, they will see your website as a registrar- the only website. You can always switch your web host to any new one you like, but you should have a WebHost. Web hosts always provide support on a myriad ray of issues.
You can only get a new domain with a new account. But you can always buy a new domain under your account through WordPress, Wix, Joomla, Weebly, and other CMS for website building. It is better to stick with one domain name as changing your domain name also takes away your domain recognition.
Make sure you go for a Webhosting service that is beneficial to your business. Make sure you understand the features that a Webhosting option provides and that it ticks all the requirements you will have from your Webhosting service. But that can only be ensured once you know the type of website that you want to build.
Step 3: Website Hosting
Always purchase your hosting from a reliable service provider. Buy hosting from those who are giving unlimited bandwidth, free SLL certificate with a free domain, and 24/7 email support.
There is one other thing, always register the domain name on the same service provider from you are purchasing hosting for your website.
Many hosting providers are available, but the following ones are the most famous and reliable.
- WP Engine
Steps to Build the Perfect Hosting Plan:
Here are the major steps in how you can build the perfect web hosting plan using modern tools.
- Google Analytics and other web traffic analyzers are excellent to help you understand your web traffic. Get a subscription to Ahref, SEMRush, and other analytics tools to stay updated on your monthly web traffic.
- Tap into your website’s potential by looking up perfect keywords to rank. The more content you create on higher ranking keywords, the better your website will fare.
- Budget your website needs according to the priority of the task. Choose the right features to add to your website.
- Use site builder or eCommerce site builders to build the right website.
Example: Setting up with BlueHost
I’ve tried other hosting providers, but I feel comfortable with BlueHost services. Setting up your website with BlueHost is easier than you think. It provides a one-click WordPress installation and unlimited bandwidth.
Step 1: Go to the official site of Bluehost and click on “Get Started”.
Step 2: Next, you’ll select the plan if you’re just planning to purchase hosting for a simple site. I recommend you to go to the “basic” plan.
Step 3: Now, it’ll ask you to configure your domain that you’ve looked at earlier if you are buying a plan for the first time in BlueHost. It’ll give you one free domain. Confirm the hosting plan whether you want the plan for 12, 24, 36 months.
Step 4: Enter the payment information and confirm the purchase.
Step 5: That’s it you’ve successfully purchased the hosting and domain for your website with that you have also created an account on the BlueHost.Now at the homepage, you’ll see a button of WordPress, press the button it’ll require some information and will begin your installation of WordPress.
Step 5: Use a CMS to Build Your Website:
Here are a few major benefits of using CMS for website building:
- You can choose the right theme from hundreds of themes available in all major niches and business styles. You can also import a theme from online theme catalogs so that you can have the right theme for your website.
- You can choose styles, content portions, and the right format of presentation in your own CMS. Rather than having to live with the website that a coder has developed for you, you can easily have a strong website at your disposal.
- You can build a strong eCommerce setup as there are plenty of drag and drop options available for you to try.
- The best part is that paying a CMS expert is inexpensive in comparison to paying a software engineer. Coding expertise is an expensive commodity while CMS based website building is much cheaper in comparison.
- Website building CMS is user friendly so that you can make your standard audits in the website regularly on your own.
- Last but not the least, visual content is the key to engagement online. Make lots of videos and upload many images a day to make sure that you are getting the right touch with your website.
Things To Do Before Creating a Website
There are many things to care about before creating a brand-new website. No doubt, creating a website can be fascinating. But sometimes it can be problematic. Without proper guidance, could lose money and most of the time you spent on it.
Let's take me as an example. As a writer, I'd like to have my website where I can write an article about myself or the services that I'm providing. So, which things should I need to do before creating my own website?
Although many things need to be cover before starting my own website, I'll present to you the most important ones.
- Here's the first question of why I should create my own website? Of course, I want to have my website for a personal blog. Do I need to do some research on this? Indeed, I have to do a lot of research on Keyword selection, choosing the topics before writing articles, and much more.
- If I make my own website, what makes readers revisit my website? The answer is, Quality content only the quality of content will force the visitor to reconsider your site.
- I've figured out the scope and purpose of my website; it's meant the investigation has been completed, now move to the next step.
Design Your Website
Most people underestimate the importance of designing a website. Website design makes a significant impact on the success of your website. Some people go for free templates for a website design. Using free themes or templates can harm your privacy. By doing this, you are exposing your personal information and valuable content to someone else.
As a well-wisher, I'd recommend you to create your own website design, so you don't need someone else permission for some minor changes.
Before going to the website builder for designing, prepare a full prototype of your website. For creating a complete website design, I'd recommend you to use Wondershare Mockitt. I'm also using this tool for quite some time, and I love its unique features. It's the cheapest and time-saving way of creating a website design.
Let's have a look at what exactly is Wondershare Mockitt, and which features does it support?Wondershare Mockitt is an online prototyping or graphic designing tool that helps you create fantastic web designs. Mockitt is not limited to creating web designs but also for other graphic designing purposes like creating brochures, visiting cards, infographics, and much more.
Features of Wondershare Mockitt:
1. Interactive Prototypes: With Mockitt, you can illustrate your ideas and presents them on your website design. This will enhance your visitor experience.
Below shows the interface of Wondershare Mockitt workspace. As you can see on the left side of the screen, there's a project/screen tab. Every new screen will display at the Screen tab. On the right side of the canvas, you'll see a widget tab where all the built-in widgets and icons are placed to assist you in creating website design. Drag any element from the widget tab and set it to the canvas. That's it! That's how it is easy to put elements on your design.
2. Plugins: Mockitt supports plugin support. With plugins, you can import or export your media to other platforms easily.
3. Communication Between Team Members: If you're working as a team, then Wondershare Mockitt is the perfect tool for you. Mockitt made the collaboration easy with team members. You can communicate and chat with other team members at the same time.
4. Libraries: Mockitt provides lots of assets library where all the widgets and icons are available for your assistance.
Websites are the best way to launch your profile, your business, or your brand. All you need to do is have a focus on creating high quality and engaging website. Intensive competitor research is the best way for you to attain the right results.
In the end, inside WordPress theme builder or any other builder, you can palace your exact design which you’ve recently created on Wondershare Mokcitt. Well, these were some things that every beginner needs to do when they are building their own website. I always do the same when I create my own website or someone else’s.